Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weird outer ankle pain
Quote | Reply
Since finishing Powerman Zofingen last month I have had this weird pain on the outside tip of my ankle. Basically it feels bruised to the touch and if I bang it into something it really hurts. That said, it is not discolored and it does not hurt when I run or bike. I can sometimes notice it if I really plant my foot and twist my ankle a specific way. What is also weird is that it seems to come and go. Some days after I run it feels a but sore, other times not. Sometimes I don’t notice it for a few days and then I hit it into something even lightly or twist it funny and I can feel it’s really sore.

Anyone have something like this? I was thinking possibly peroneal tendinitis because I feel it right in the back of the tip of the ankle where I understand the tendon wraps around the ankle, but I don’t have any pain anywhere else up or down the tendon. Also concerned that it could be some sort of stress reaction to the bone on the edge of becoming a stress fracture but I’d think it would hurt when I run if that were the case.

Be most grateful for advice for anyone familiar with similar symptoms.
Quote Reply
Re: Weird outer ankle pain [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like Perineal Tendinitis
Quote Reply
Re: Weird outer ankle pain [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
Sounds like Perineal Tendinitis

Yep...that would have been my guess too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely (I have Medical degree from The University of Google) perineal tendonitis. Seriously, I have it in both ankles - same comes and goes -every degree from "just barely there" to "Damn that hurts!" Go to your doctor and good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no medical advice to offer whatsoever, but I had pain exactly as you describe after finishing Norseman. Initially thought I must have twisted something without noticing going up over the rocks, but that seemed weird and I also wondered about stress fracture. It hit me almost immediately after the finish and I was limping badly for days.

What the other guys have said makes more sense, and mine cleared up after a couple of weeks of doing nothing about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Weird outer ankle pain [trimule] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies. Other than icing it and resting it have you found anything that got it feeling better? Any exercises or particular stretches that will loosen it up? I have been rolling the calf and outer lower leg and icing some but it does not seem to have made much difference. Just did a 3 hour ride with no issues but it remains sore to the touch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jsmith wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Other than icing it and resting it have you found anything that got it feeling better? Any exercises or particular stretches that will loosen it up? I have been rolling the calf and outer lower leg and icing some but it does not seem to have made much difference. Just did a 3 hour ride with no issues but it remains sore to the touch.

So, how's the ankle doing??? Just curious as I am also dealing with an ankle problem
Quote Reply
Re: Weird outer ankle pain [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cut down running for a few weeks and it has gradually gone away. Haven’t felt it in a couple weeks. Hope it stays that way.
Quote Reply