Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cody Beals on B w/Bob
Quote | Reply
What a well spoken, smart athlete! This is one of the few people that I wish Bob would have spent a little more time interviewing. I've kind of followed his career from a distance, but the more and more I read on him, and his process, and his mind set.... Well, he's got a new fan (not that he needs one, but GO CODY!!)
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals on B w/Bob [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cody was great.

It seemed to me, Bob wasn't prepared for the interview.
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals on B w/Bob [Sean O'Brien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean O'Brien wrote:
Cody was great.

Agreed. I think he mailed it in after a long week, which is too bad because I'd have liked to hear more from Cody. Now if we can just get him to drop an F bomb every now and again. lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He seemed a little Serial Killer-esqe to me. Very calm and calculated.

Still loved his interview

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it was cool learning a little more about him. if he has a physics degree hes no dummy. he has that "engineer" vibe to him... smart and articulate and maybe a touch awkward.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals on B w/Bob [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
He seemed a little Serial Killer-esqe to me. Very calm and calculated.

Still loved his interview
EXACTLY! Let the quiet assassin walk into a room, and everyone wonders who is gonna get killed. lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had odds on PonchoMan....

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals on B w/Bob [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
he has that "engineer" vibe to him... smart and articulate and maybe a touch awkward.

I was thinking the same thing. You can definitely tell his educational background when he talks. Articulate and very detail oriented answers.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love Cody and I'll be cheering for him tomorrow, but I almost can't hear his interviews.
I don't know if he is shy but he always sound way too mechanical talking.
Almost as if he had every line memorized.

Anyways, I might be overthinkin this.

Hope he wins!
GOGOGO
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals on B w/Bob [binhopires] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
binhopires wrote:
I love Cody and I'll be cheering for him tomorrow, but I almost can't hear his interviews.
I don't know if he is shy but he always sound way too mechanical talking.
Almost as if he had every line memorized.

Anyways, I might be overthinkin this.

Hope he wins!
GOGOGO
I’m an engineer...and maybe that’s why I like his interviews. Nerds. Lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just knew him as a “fucking machine” by Lionel’s comment after the race. I didn’t know what kind of person he is but now I know. I really enjoyed his interview and I wish it was a little longer. I checked the times and some gets 9-10min and some gets over 20 min. Definitely I want to hear him talking more than 20 min.
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals on B w/Bob [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He did a good long form interview on

Fitter Radio:

https://www.fitter.co.nz/...isode-283-cody-beals

Also on IM Talk:

http://www.imtalk.me/...isode-610-cody-beals

I think Triathlon Taren as well...don't have the link

I think Cody was maybe a hit nervous-- I would be--and if I remember the podcasts, he is a self-described introvert

Regardless, I really enjoy his blog anfld interviews
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Refreshing that a pro could get a real job and excel if they choose to vs say, working for ironman foundation,
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals on B w/Bob [Spandexboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spandexboy wrote:
I think Cody was maybe a hit nervous-- I would be--and if I remember the podcasts, he is a self-described introvert

i dont remember where i read it but he had stated recently he had pulled back for social media almost completely because it wasnt his thing. it seems after he beat LS either he realized it or someone really impressed on him that his social media presence is part of his pro career. hes posting more now on instagram.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm all in on team cody tomorrow - hoping he he has a great race (maybe top 5?)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know it's the "norm" that Kona rookies don't do well, but I think Cody has the makeup to buck that trend! He has the physical tools but, more importantly, I think he has the mind to race his race and execute his plan under the big lights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talked to him for a minute after Ironman Chattanooga. Very down to earth person.
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals on B w/Bob [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:
i'm all in on team cody tomorrow - hoping he he has a great race (maybe top 5?)

Me too.

I'd like Wurf and Cody in the top 5

Maybe one of them top 3

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals on B w/Bob [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How can you not root for this guy. Intelligent, could excel as an engineer, but chooses to do this for now. Love this guy. Great support group starting with his parents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
Sean O'Brien wrote:
Cody was great.

Agreed. I think he mailed it in after a long week, which is too bad because I'd have liked to hear more from Cody. Now if we can just get him to drop an F bomb every now and again. lol

You could tell the Lionel topic ticks him off. He handles it graciously, but at this point, at the ironman distance, cody is 2-0 vs.LS. I remember after winning last year, cody was on babbitville and bob spent more than half the interview talking about lionel.
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals on B w/Bob [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he'll keep it up and beat Lionel today. He's calculated and analytical enough to not underestimate the challenges that Kona presents.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals on B w/Bob [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadTownTRI wrote:
Culley22 wrote:
Sean O'Brien wrote:
Cody was great.

You could tell the Lionel topic ticks him off. He handles it graciously, but at this point, at the ironman distance, cody is 2-0 vs.LS. I remember after winning last year, cody was on babbitville and bob spent more than half the interview talking about lionel.

I think you're right. I will add that he is basically the exact opposite of Lionel in a good way!
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals on B w/Bob [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of fresh energy with him & the British lad in this year's race. Here we go!

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a way, very similar to Starky. Except unlike Starky (who I root for), Cody has a real shot.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply