Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rudy Project Wing Aero Kona launch
Quote | Reply
Well, if you go back to the Nibali thread (Kanute and Lagerstrom also raced with it at Nice), the helmet has been launched at the Kona Expo. The web page for the Wing Aero went live yesterday. This has been a collaboration with Swiss Side and I also believe McLaren.

If you're at Kona you can go to the Rudy Project booth and test the helmet.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing Aero Kona launch [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks alot like the Poc Cerebel
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing Aero Kona launch [jsosinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsosinski wrote:
Looks alot like the Poc Cerebel

We just were able to chat with Rudy Project and get a little more info including the aero data they obtained in partnership with Swiss Side

http://aerogeeks.com/...o-helmet-first-look/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Helmet looks great. Their reputation of having helmets that look good--but are kinda aero dogs--doesn't help their credibility, though.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Oct 11, 19 14:08
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing Aero Kona launch [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, says 2-4 watts faster than wing57....that’s not saying much...
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing Aero Kona launch [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Helmet looks great. Their reputation of having helmets that look good--but are kinda aero dogs--doesn't help their credibility, though.

I'll wait for the discount coupon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks sweet. At 4w faster than the 57 it's climbing out of the lower tier of aero helmets yet still isn't in the realm of the Aerohead or Poc based on the data I have from the 57, poc & Aerohead.

It's a damn good looking helmet though

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Oct 11, 19 20:22
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing Aero Kona launch [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I know is the TT World Champion is very fond of this helmet!
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing Aero Kona launch [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They had a limited run that I was able to snag one. List price is $399.99. Next run won't be out until March.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone had a chance to try one yet? Thoughts?
Was thinking of using a giro aerohead this year. As far as aerodynamics, I'm guessing the giro is still gonna be just as good or better than the rudy. But one nice thing about the rudy is that it is claimed to be about 100 grams lighter than the giro, nice to have a little less weight on top of the head, easier on the neck over 5-6 hours...
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing Aero Kona launch [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Was thinking of using a giro aerohead this year. As far as aerodynamics, I'm guessing the giro is still gonna be just as good or better than the rudy. But one nice thing about the rudy is that it is claimed to be about 100 grams lighter than the giro, nice to have a little less weight on top of the head, easier on the neck over 5-6 hours...

It is a very comfy helmet. Also the visor attachment in both on and off positions is very convenient.
I am supper happy with it!
Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It definitely still looks like a great helmet, but if you want something that is likely as fast as it, and light, and 1/4 of the price, you could find a used LG P09. I'm of the mindset that weight is too often overlooked, and the P09 has been excellent in every regards for me (assuming the aero is good but it passes the eyeball test). I was actually looking into "upgrading" to the Wing as well but based on the hints at testing we've gotten from Desert Dude here on the forum, it sounds like the P09 and Aerohead are probably still faster.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing Aero Kona launch [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I've tried the P09 a couple of times and it just wasn't for me, found it a little uncomfortable. I find the medium Giro is a bit more comfortable on the sides compared to the medium p09.
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing Aero Kona launch [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
It definitely still looks like a great helmet, but if you want something that is likely as fast as it, and light, and 1/4 of the price, you could find a used LG P09. I'm of the mindset that weight is too often overlooked, and the P09 has been excellent in every regards for me (assuming the aero is good but it passes the eyeball test). I was actually looking into "upgrading" to the Wing as well but based on the hints at testing we've gotten from Desert Dude here on the forum, it sounds like the P09 and Aerohead are probably still faster.

Agreed. I have used the aerohead the last few years but switching to the P-09 this year. The 100g savings and increased ventilation I were worth the trade.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:

I got a S/M in their November Club release, it was too small (I was on the max end for the sizing), called them up before it got re-shipped back to me and changed to Black L. It's very nice. Can't wait to race with it.

Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing Aero Kona launch [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BGildenstern wrote:
realbdeal wrote:

Agreed. I have used the aerohead the last few years but switching to the P-09 this year. The 100g savings and increased ventilation I were worth the trade.

I love the aerohead but have this complaint as well. My neck kills after 112 miles. I wish it was 100g lighter!
Quote Reply