Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by flocrest
Re: Feedback question [flocrest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since no picture can tell the story, I think the ad should probably state something like "tire glued on, don't know condition under death" or something to that effect. I try to provide such information, but can't say I do it 100% of the time (although I've never had a similar situation to the one you gave). But, to be fair, the seller probably didn't know the condition either as the tire was glued on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I buy a lot of used stuff... and over the years... basically if it arrives not damaged/broken... I just move on and accept it.

I bought a track powertap last year "with glued on vittorias in good shape." The tires were of course well worn, with lots of nicks (the kind that you don't get on a track) and only "glued on" in the vaguest (!dangerous!) sense of the word. It was also a sh*tty packaging job. (which I never understand)

End of the day, the wheel was fine though and the Powertap worked. I considered sending the seller a message letting him know what a crappy job they did, but whatever... it wouldn't help.

I feel your frustration, but more or less it's usually better just to let it go.

It looked like a mess on Twitter :D

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by flocrest [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used tubeless wheels are likely going to have used sealant on them. Pretty logical assumption. If the tire was listed as good/new, I might be a little frustrated there. Sounds like the tread may still be fine, it just also has sealant on it?

Another reason why tubes really aren't a hassle...
Quote Reply
Post deleted by flocrest [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If by residue, you mean tubeless sealant from running the tubeless wheels tubeless, then no. They are used wheels. They were being used as intended, it sounds like you want to swap them back to a standard clincher + tube. IMO that’s on you to do the labor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You said the tire wasn't a condition of the sale so I wouldn't sweat the non disclosure of its condition. Did you ask for or see detailed pictures of the wheel? If you didn't, and unless the seller was selling it as "like new" condition I dont see where it's the sellers responsibility to make it like new before they send it to you. But yeah, would've been nice for them to at least make an effort to clean it up
Last edited by: D.O.: Oct 11, 19 16:08
Quote Reply