Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Frodo running in Prototype Asics
Quote | Reply
Not supposed to be released until Tokyo 2020. Their answer to Nike. He said partly based on injury and new running form.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo running in Prototype Asics [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that, the new 4 1/2% I think he said..I have seen a couple folks with new bars too, isnt there a rule that stuff has to be commercially available before a pro can use it in competition? Or did I just make that up??
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo running in Prototype Asics [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a UCI rule
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I saw that, the new 4 1/2% I think he said..I have seen a couple folks with new bars too, isnt there a rule that stuff has to be commercially available before a pro can use it in competition? Or did I just make that up??

yeah, UCI rule, and now with 3D printing becoming better and better, what does "commercially available" mean for small parts like this?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo running in Prototype Asics [swimslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a UCI rule //

Ahh, thanks guys, knew I saw that somewhere. SO I guess triathlon did not adopt that rule, and as usual, is always a step ahead of the UCI..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
That's a UCI rule //

Ahh, thanks guys, knew I saw that somewhere. SO I guess triathlon did not adopt that rule, and as usual, is always a step ahead of the UCI..

In this case, not really. Weren’t British cycling / Sky the first to do the 3D custom bars? They were “available for sale”, but good luck actually buying any.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally, every shoe company is so far behind Nike at this point, its almost comical. Nike now has two different shoes that are commercially available and Kipchoge is running in yet another new shoe tomorrow trying to break 2 hours... which I would expect will be available for $30,000 on Nike.com by Tokyo 2020.

But seriously, I'm glad other companies are coming out with products to keep pushing Nike to improve their design and/or bring the prices down on carbon plated shoes... but no matter how fast Jan runs, I doubt this shoe will gain much interest versus Nike's commercially.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Frodo running in Prototype Asics [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nike invested 3 years in kipchoge, but are the 2 hour shoes ideal for 3 hour runners?

Frodo used a pair for 2 years until someone updated his run stride and they gave him blisters.... Hopefully the new shoes are decent for what hes about to do tomorrow
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo running in Prototype Asics [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People always forget that there’s a pro only version of the % shoes. I’m not sure if/what is different but you’re not running in the exact same shoes as kipchoge.
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo running in Prototype Asics [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:

what is this? a pro version gone wrong

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo running in Prototype Asics [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's Eliud Kipchoge winning Berlin in 2:04 a few years back with his Nike prototypes going bad on him.
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo running in Prototype Asics [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are Zoom Streaks. Not any version of the Vaporflys they are currently using. Also a really simple fix.
Quote Reply