Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona 2019 Men’s odds to win [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Really crazy, on betfair Nilsson is like 10x, but on bwin he is 101x! I just put money on him winning and coming top 5 (15x). Truly a steal

Yeah, I noticed that too regarding Nilsson.

The only edge at Betfair seems to be if you like Frodeno. You can get +200 there, as Bwin only offers +110. You can get much better prices on everybody other than Frodeno at Bwin.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2019 Men’s odds to win [runner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runner66 wrote:
I'm confused by your comment that Sanders has no experience in this type of race. Wasn't he leading the race with less than 10k to go just two years ago when Lange passed him?

It must have been the comment of someone else. I referenced Beals/Brownlee, not Sanders. Maybe I am missing where I talked about Sanders in this regard.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2019 Men’s odds to win [r0bh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r0bh wrote:
Seeing as the vast majority of Brownlee's triathlon career has been races where the bike was
NOT a steady-state ride at all I would say that of all the factors involved with racing in Kona this is the one that is least likely to be a problem for him

The operative word of my sentence was the following: "What experience does Beals or Brownlee have in an Ironman doing a non steady-state ride and then running 26.2 in one of the most oppressive places to run when they both live in colder climates"

Yes, Brownlee has tons of NON steady-state riding, but NOT in an Ironman. Totally different ball game. You can spend match after a match in a 2 hour race but that comes back to bite you in an 8 hour race. I look at Ali's race today as similar to Macca first attempts.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply

Prev Next