Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I asked Jan if this was his last Kona [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think next year will be his last. His son is due to start school September so a nomadic lifestyle will be extremely difficult.
Quote Reply
Re: I asked Jan if this was his last Kona [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's also a custom made version of the front bottle. It's a one-piece construction that also acts as brake cover.

See the stock consumer version:

vs

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: I asked Jan if this was his last Kona [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... btw he also answered the same question with Cam Wurf instead of Patrick Lange and said 10 minute head start should be okay.
Quote Reply
Re: I asked Jan if this was his last Kona [cmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Jan is only 2 minutes ahead of Lange in t2, Lange will blow him away.
Quote Reply
Re: I asked Jan if this was his last Kona [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I disagree. Frodeno is an underestimated runner for whatever reason. In normal circumstances, Lange doesn't stand a chance in a run as he has shown multiple times. In Kona, who knows, but I still think Frodeno is the better runner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree. Lange won't beat Frodeno. No chance.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lange doesn't stand a chance in a run as he has shown multiple times. In Kona, who knows,//

Actually, he has shown us 3 times in a row that he is the best runner Kona has ever seen, Frondeno never in the same zip code of his run time either. Of course each race is different, but to just throw away 3 years of history seems a little obtuse, no? I think in Kona, we do know how he runs, and not one guy in that field wants see him in T2 with them, not one..

He is the single biggest reason there will be a race off the front this year, that and plenty of contenders are just gonna find themselves up there to begin with.
Quote Reply
Re: I asked Jan if this was his last Kona [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Lange doesn't stand a chance in a run as he has shown multiple times. In Kona, who knows,//

Actually, he has shown us 3 times in a row that he is the best runner Kona has ever seen, Frondeno never in the same zip code of his run time either. Of course each race is different, but to just throw away 3 years of history seems a little obtuse, no? I think in Kona, we do know how he runs, and not one guy in that field wants see him in T2 with them, not one..

He is the single biggest reason there will be a race off the front this year, that and plenty of contenders are just gonna find themselves up there to begin with.

I’m only going to disagree that he is the reason for the race off front, I think Brownlee is that wildcard for EVERYONE. I do agree that if you’re in T2 with Lange you know you’re already down a spot on the standings, with the exception for a select few...and those few know the hurt they’ll have to go through if they even have a chance.

I’M SO EXCITED!!
Quote Reply
Re: I asked Jan if this was his last Kona [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Brownlee is that wildcard for EVERYONE.//

But that was kind of my point, Ali is a wildcard, while Lange is a known quantity. The first time I saw him in Texas, in that heat, never heard of him, and he runs like 2;41 there too. I for sure thought the course must have been short, or he missed a turn, but there it was in front of us, the sports next great marathon runner. EVERYONE is of course cognizant of Brownlee, but they also can race him with the understanding that he probably wont have that magical, once a generation debut at Kona. I would bet he doesn't win, but will stay up in the money places, as well as Lange(I actually did bet both those things, and with you sucker!) Only one guy is going to go backwards and one forward after 7 hours, only question is how far for each..
Quote Reply
Re: I asked Jan if this was his last Kona [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
Agree. Lange won't beat Frodeno. No chance.

Could not disagree more. Lange has proved it three years in a row in Kona and will again. Frodo will need 5 minutes on Lange heading into run.
Quote Reply
Re: I asked Jan if this was his last Kona [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if you heard Jan say, "Yeah but you have to consider how much fatigue was in those legs when he got off the bike" Obviously they all know he sat in. I don't think he can this year. The front line will be too far up forcing him to push it on the bike to stay up. We will see but I stick to my comment. No way Lange beats Jan

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: I asked Jan if this was his last Kona [Stumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frodeno out with an injury?
Last edited by: Rocket_racing: Oct 12, 19 8:50
Quote Reply

Prev Next