Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tough crowd. We begin by bitching about lack of publicity for our sport, then we ass shoot everyone involved in media trying to publicize it.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [r-b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha definitely a bit of a pile on, sure.

There are a couple threads discussing this kind of thing right now. I think a lot of us love the sport and see a number of areas for some major improvement, and are scratching our heads at "why is it (still) like this??!"

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To give an alternative option I enjoy the 80's Megacorp look.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [r-b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r-b wrote:
Tough crowd. We begin by bitching about lack of publicity for our sport, then we ass shoot everyone involved in media trying to publicize it.

+1

...and if everything was perfect they would bitch about having nothing to bitch about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:
Now do one on the commentating.

The combo of Welch/Lovato/Lieto/Griesbauer...I just can't...

I wrote this in the Lagerstrom thread.
To those people who get offended that I criticize these things... how will the WTC ever get past the amateurish approach they take unless someone tells them?

Quote:
The Kona commentators can't even pronounce the names of the pro's correctly.
There are 100 pro names to learn, it should be easy.

Also, instead of filling dead air time with subjective bullshit about "form", bike position, nutrition and all sorts of other stuff try humanizing the athletes.

This would require some (but not terribly hard) research. Hell.. you could even get the pros to write it for them!
- height/weight/age
- years competing
- nationality/residence
- races competed in this season
- big wins
- injuries in the past
- fun facts: "loves dogs", "has 3 kids", "votes for Trump"
- pundit expectations
- etc...

Being a pro is worth nothing if people don't care about the human behind the athlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny you say this, was thinking the same. But don't want to rag on one of the few educated content providers - but very 'same as last year' about it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:
Don't forget we absolutely MUST have the Mark and Dave show too. Yes, let's never forget a race that happened 30 years ago...how many times must we rehash that? What other sport keeps bringing up decades old performances from long-retired athletes, multiple times throughout the year, every. single. year.

yep, they have really ridden the coat tails of that race. it's gotten boring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really? Do you have nothing better to do then criticize a harmless interview series that cost you nothing to watch?

Do you really have to infuse negativity into a harmless interview series by a good guy who is doing the best he can with what he has to work with to entertain and for multiple years? What exactly is the insight your looking for here? Personally, I think this years interviews are some of the best. Some of these athletes have been interviewed already this year whether it be Nice, or Roth and in many case the same event interviews for multiple years.

Keep in mind these interviews have to be for general consumption, not just for a tri keek's looking for what Zwift numbers or wattage the pro's are getting or targeting.

Can't people focus on positives anymore or does it just make you feel good to bag on this? Sorry to go off, but what is the purpose of that post?
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [taos111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
taos111 wrote:
Really? Do you have nothing better to do then criticize a harmless interview series that cost you nothing to watch?
Not really, no.

taos111 wrote:
Do you really have to infuse negativity into a harmless interview series by a good guy... blah blah blah
No, I'm being critical, not negative. Learn the difference..

taos111 wrote:
Keep in mind these interviews have to be for general consumption
Non-triathletes DO NOT watch BwB.

taos111 wrote:
Can't people focus on positives anymore or does it just make you feel good to bag on this? Sorry to go off, but what is the purpose of that post?
The purpose of this post is to say that Bob is getting lazy with his interviews and I'd watch more if he took the time to do a bit of research. Maybe your reading comprehension skills are lacking?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually agree with Nordic, the last few years he just hasn’t done enough research to have great interviews. I think each athlete is an opportunity and with a little research and maybe if he added 5-10 mins to the format he could get some great responses. I still appreciate his work and that he is giving us a view of the pros. I just think with a few small tweaks, they could be really great. For example, pooling the slowtwitch brain trust for unique and thoughtful questions could help. I don’t think Nordic is attacking Bob, he just wants more from the content and sees potential.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownlee one is finally up!

Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [AdrianM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bring back The Real Starky! Now that guy knew how to do an interview!
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:

cant really complain about all the free content out there now - it all adds something and Bob is the pioneer for this type of platform for the pros to have some friendly exposure

And he also provides exposure to very inspirational stories and people like Lauren Parker:

https://www.youtube.com/...1bnD_gq8o&t=611s
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [gromaton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gromaton wrote:
To give an alternative option I enjoy the 80's Megacorp look.

If I know Talbot (and I don't) I'd suggest the Megacorp look is exactly what he's going for. Listen, these YT vlogs are just the beginning, and my guess is he has much bigger plans. So maybe the logo design is with the future in mind. Yes half joking here, but it's not hard to recognize ambition and the courage to bet on yourself. Maybe 20 years from now Talbot will be in his corporate office building with the giant T and remember back to 2019 when he was a one man operation with just a camera and a vision. Thanks for the great vids Talbot! đź‘Ť
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RallySavage wrote:
Bring back The Real Starky! Now that guy knew how to do an interview!

Yeah, forget Dave and Mark -- I need Dark Mark to rehash the beer mile.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
talbotcox wrote:
Well of course. If I had $5,000 a pop for sponsor on the screen at the bottom. I would totally support a charity as well. I just like to get creative. Bob is a legend and one of the only reasons I do what I do today.

Talbot: your work is great. And it is getting better. People are talking about what your are doing which is amazing. Keep it up.

Now do yourself a favor: You don't need to reply when people take cheap shots from the nose bleeds. Also, yeah, get a new Logo. Ask Aaron Palaian to do it for you. True story: I loaned him - interest free - $50K to start a race series which he later sold for a nice bundle. He owes me a favor, which actually he would do me a favor even if he didn't owe me because he is a good guy. None-the-less ask him to design a logo for you on the cheap. He is great at it.

2 or 3 months ago, some guy basically reposted a video from Talbot’s IG under his own name on YouTube. Basically before Talbot had a chance to post his own original content himself.

Talbot respectfully asked him to take it down and a temper tantrum/debate etc ensued on here with some moderating assistance from slowman.

I suspect that the poster here is the same one as before posting under new IP/account.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is he working for Challenge now? Seriously we get it Roth is amazing and Solar Hill doesn’t feel like a hill.... LOL

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She is a robot, no doubt.
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Noticed that too, he probably wants to go to Roth. Ironman name isnt in his video titles or descriptions or sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Breakfast with Bob is mailing it in [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotta watch interview with Els Visser and Camilla Pedersen. Unbelievable stories and an amazing attitude and outlook on life. I learned something....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have only watched one BWB and it was his recent interview with Alistair Brownlee, thought it was completely reasonable but, as others have noted, I haven’t seen him interview same people year to year. As an aside, man that Brownlee dude is skinny!!! My pick to win tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone notice his Polar watch. .... on his right wrist..... NOT EVEN TURNED ON! Oh bob!

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply

Prev Next