Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Savage Pro Quotes from Hawaii [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s perfect ! Let your race do the talking. More respect!

It's a Good life if you don't Weaken!
My Mom 1922-2004
Quote Reply
Re: Savage Pro Quotes from Hawaii [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:
Josh S wrote:
Starts around 13:25

"I was having a bit of a tizzy when I wasn't winning anymore. Some people choose to walk, I chose to continue to run and still get top 10. I like to really honour the race."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqiEth--ZxE

Shots fired.

It's dull imho.

People are accusing Ryf of being boring, but she does her trash talking on the race course.

Same with Jan.

Looking over the videos, it's the also rans who seem to have the big mouths. It's the only publicity they get. After the race, the winner is the focus.

Macca used to talk a bit, but he was a 2x winner, fair enough.

Wurf and some of the others should put up or shut up. Walk the walk before talking it.

You do realize Jan threw down in his video as well towards Lange, right?

Don't be too salty now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
Go to 23:04 ... there's the real Daniela.

https://www.youtube.com/...plZ93oXY&t=1510s

That body language says it all.

LOL.

Translation: "Hey Lucy, WTF are you doing drafting off a MPRO?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I watch that video, it sure looks like she is waving at the guy in front of her, who was he? Is he a friend? Check it out in freeze frame, she is looking straight across at the dude. Could be waving to Lucy, but other than the guy in front of her, there was nothing to indicate she was coming by..
Quote Reply
Re: Savage Pro Quotes from Hawaii [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea definitely don't see a wave to Lucy. If anything I see her possibly motioning to Lucy to stop drafting off the male pro. I thought I remember reading it was kinda "bad form" for the women pro's to draft off the male pros. I don't see the issue with it since everyone is in the race together but I do remember reading that at some point.
Quote Reply
Re: Savage Pro Quotes from Hawaii [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, now that you mention it, I think that is what she is doing, filing her protest on the spot about Lucy having a little draft. She was probably told before then, that perhaps this was happening, and whether it was or not, sure would have looked like it at that very moment. I would have to see more footage of what went on, but of course we now have another race(last months WC 70.3) in which she actually got dinged, with accompanying footage to see it was probably a good call...
Last edited by: monty: Oct 11, 19 13:05
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf: Pure savage on B w/ B [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
I didn’t know anything about Aussie humor and whatnot but I’m starting to love it because of Mr. Wurf. He’s hilarious. I’ve seen some of his posts in other athletes’ instagrams and I knew something was up with this guy. I just thought him as a Uber biker and that was about it. Who knew he had such a great character.

Watch his early breakfast with bob interviews. They're hilarious.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Savage Pro Quotes from Hawaii [IAGLIYDW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IAGLIYDW wrote:
That’s perfect ! Let your race do the talking. More respect!

But.....that wasn't really letting her race do the talking, was it? In that instance, it's most definitely her left arm doing the talking.

Shit talking is acceptable, insofar as you like the athlete who's doing it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Ya, now that you mention it, I think that is what she is doing, filing her protest on the spot about Lucy having a little draft. She was probably told before then, that perhaps this was happening, and whether it was or not, sure would have looked like it at that very moment. I would have to see more footage of what went on, but of course we now have another race(last months WC 70.3) in which she actually got dinged, with accompanying footage to see it was probably a good call...

Ha ha...that's not drafting in the clip. It is sitting legally behind.
Quote Reply
Re: Savage Pro Quotes from Hawaii [Crumpy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha ha...that's not drafting in the clip. It is sitting legally behind.

Ya, did you read the part where I said I would need to see more footage, you pasted it? I was just looking at this in the context of the actual race, at that actual time. Like I said, Ryf was probably getting reports of Lucy riding amongst the back of the pack men pros that she out swam, and if all she had was this head on view for a split second, it would have just bolstered that opinion she was probably holding. And also like I said, we now know Lucy is not against pushing the limit on the draft zone, in fact, is willing to cross it. Could be she just doesnt understand the distance, since she almost always leads races on the bike, getting passed by exactly one person usually. She certainly should understand it now, no fun being the only one popped up front at the WC's I bet, especially when that 5 minutes might have cost you 2nd...

That's all...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True. Lucy does not often have to even consider whether she is drafting.

Lucy is a racer who got it wrong (even if going uphill) in Nice. She will make sure she is legal when riding with the men.
Quote Reply

Prev Next