Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Returning from injury: HIIT or LSD?
Quote | Reply
I'm coming out of a hip injury that prevented me from running, cycling or hitting the gym for over two months. I have been swimming, but not increased swimming. Maybe 3 one-hour sessions weekly.

To get back on track (also to lose the excess fat accumulated) what is the best strategy to do?

HIIT - with low volume in terms of distance and time - or LSD - go long hours and distance, and why?
Quote Reply
Re: Returning from injury: HIIT or LSD? [MarioTB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neither.

Start with SSD. Slow, short, distance. do that for awhile. If that feels ok, then decide where to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you get injured, and what does ‘get back on track’ mean to you? Do you want to race in 2 months or a year?
Quote Reply
Re: Returning from injury: HIIT or LSD? [twcronin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was training for an early November marathon, so ramped up the running kms and got a tendinitis. To get back on track is to race an olympic tri in February.
Quote Reply
Re: Returning from injury: HIIT or LSD? [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be doing rehab for the next two weeks, and my normal volume is around 10 hours weekly (depends of course of what I'm training for), this time my goal is an Oly in February.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you considered looking into an athletic trainer or PT that understands your goals? That might be the best rout.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry, English is not my first language... what is a PT? and by athletic trainer you mean like a coach? I do have a coach, but his style is more like just get on board and train with the team, hence my question, how would I get to my previous fitness faster, by doing HIIT or LSD... now, I understand that I should take thing slowly, but once healed, I'd like to know what is the best way to get myself up to speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PT = Physical Therapist
Athletic Trainer (in my experience) is somewhat like a PT but focused on how to get you back to your peak level of performance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, I see! yes, the rehab clinic I go to provides those services. They have like a mini gym or "functional" area; used for the last part of the recovery. They focus on gaining the strenght lost and so on.

I will look out for an athletic trainer. There must be someone around.

thanks again!
Quote Reply