Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training with golden cheetah
Quote | Reply
For those who do workouts using golden cheetah to control their trainers, does it have a function like trainerroad's power match where I can use my bike's power meter as the power source? If not, is there any software other than trainerroad that does this?
Quote Reply
Re: Training with golden cheetah [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. It even controls my old computrainer. On the website it has the a list of compatible trainers.
Quote Reply
Re: Training with golden cheetah [Mark57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but the question was not a simple yes/no does Golden Cheetah have power match capability similar to Trainer Road? I am not certain but I do not think it can power match you on bike power meter. Though I am not familiar with the trainer road option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, no power match in Golden Cheetah. It has been asked about on the user forum, but I don't think they're working on it.

Zwift apparently power matches. Wahoo's app will power match if you have a Snap/Kickr. Sufferfest has power match in IOS at least.
Quote Reply
Re: Training with golden cheetah [Newduguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the trainer feature a lot and it power matches for me. Cycleops Magnus.
Quote Reply
Re: Training with golden cheetah [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How so?

From Ale and Mark Liversedge: https://groups.google.com/...P8jST8s/BeEZooQaBQAJ

You may just have good agreement between devices. I typically have 1-2% difference between my computrainer lab, PT hub, and P2M spider PMs when using ERG mode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. Was looking for something free for now, but I guess that doesn't really exist. Given how many issues some people have with their trainers, it seems like that'd be something more services would provide
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha! I'll have to go back and check then. Haven't ridden indoors in a few months but ride quite a lot in winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know it's not a good solution, but adjusting the intensity in Golden Cheetah to match your target is an option. I think the adjustment is +\-5% increments, so not that fine. It's better than nothing? Kinda defeats the purpose of ERG mode though.
Quote Reply