Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike fit in Paris, France (or around)
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have checked the fitter's database but there aren't many guys located somewhere near. I'm considering a TT bike and therefore looking for advice about good bike fitters located in or around Paris, France. Anything close to Brussels, Belgium would be of interest too.

Thanks much!

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in Paris, France (or around) [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try Sam Weaver at Paris Bike Company. He is in Malakof just a couple hundred metres beyond the Periferique. http://www.Parisbikeco.com. I have rented from him many times and keeps my fit coordinates on file.

John
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in Paris, France (or around) [john.koch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - very helpful. Sam suggests to perform a fitting on my road bike and this will theoretically help to pick the right TT frameset. Any thoughts on this method?

I've also seen a few place offering a "Retül" fit - is that a good option? (given this is a Specialized tool and I'm not really considering the Shiv)

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
captainolek wrote:
Sam suggests to perform a fitting on my road bike and this will theoretically help to pick the right TT frameset. Any thoughts on this method?

Hmmm.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in Paris, France (or around) [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess that’s an expression of skepticism haha

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Hilversum (NL) is not too far away for you, I'd recommend him. I went there for my fit. He is also a member on this forum (TRIPRO). I believe A block bike in Belgium is also a decent fitter if that's more in your range.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Sam suggests to perform a fitting on my road bike and this will theoretically help to pick the right TT frameset. Any thoughts on this method?"

That's nuts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
captainolek wrote:
Thanks - very helpful. Sam suggests to perform a fitting on my road bike and this will theoretically help to pick the right TT frameset. Any thoughts on this method?

That is completely nuts and by this answer alone a reason to not spend your money with him

I've also seen a few place offering a "Retül" fit - is that a good option? (given this is a Specialized tool and I'm not really considering the Shiv)

Retul is ‘just’ a tool (software) to measure body angles. In the hands of an incompetant fitter useless, in the hands of a good one it is a usefull tool.
What you want is a fitter with a fit bike which can be from Retul, Exit, Guru (which we use), there need to be a reasonable amount of tri specific saddles to try available and different extension shapes/brands. And of course a bundle of knowledge and experience with triathletes.

As another poster said we are in Hilversum, so a little further away but nearby the trainstation so easy access from Amsterdam.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply