Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rotor 1x13....TT version coming?
Quote | Reply
Interesting informed speculation on a possible TT application of the Rotor 1x13 system. https://bikerumor.com/...er-drivetrain-range/

Call me intrigued. I liked the 1x13 road option, but penciling the gear ratios compared to my current road setup left me worried there were still a few uncomfortable gaps between some of the cogs. I think I could live with 13 speeds in a TT application, though....assuming they have a new cassette (or two) with a narrower range the 10-36 13-cog cassette that's currently the tightest they offer.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Oct 4, 19 10:33
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 1x13....TT version coming? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is the derailleur controlled? I would guess oil pressure? I don’t recall having seen any hydraulic TT shifters, but haven’t looked in a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 1x13....TT version coming? [Eerke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eerke wrote:
How is the derailleur controlled?

That's the $64,000 question. The article mentions something about a collaboration with Ventum and Profile Cockpits. If this is real, are the shifter hydraulics contained in a regular bar-end, or is a custom cockpit needed?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still struggle with the point of 1x set ups.

They seem to me to be just compromised on all counts.

I use a 12-25 which is a nice tight range ( what you want in TT) and run a 56-39. 39-25 is a pretty low gear when riding hard. And the 56-12 Gives me all the wind assisted down hill 40+ mph speed anyone would need.
Most of the time it's 56-17 + or - 1 tooth.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 1x13....TT version coming? [Mario S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mario S wrote:
I still struggle with the point of 1x set ups.

Most of the time it's 56-17 + or - 1 tooth.
You just answered your dilemma. I ride of 56t 1x and you're correct that most of the time it's just a few cogs. So because of that I get rid of my little ring and my front derailleur, never have to worry about dropping a chain, ever, and get to reap the (admittedly) small aero and weight benefits. Sure there are slightly larger gaps in gearing but after training with it you don't even notice it.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You would have use their rear hub.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 1x13....TT version coming? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have a dilemma, 2x is the best option. All the necessary tight close cogs but a bail out for tho 10% grades that occasionally appear with the little ring.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 1x13....TT version coming? [Mario S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh. Didn't realize who I was replying to. Carry on.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Interesting informed speculation on a possible TT application of the Rotor 1x13 system. https://bikerumor.com/...er-drivetrain-range/

Call me intrigued. I liked the 1x13 road option, but penciling the gear ratios compared to my current road setup left me worried there were still a few uncomfortable gaps between some of the cogs. I think I could live with 13 speeds in a TT application, though....assuming they have a new cassette (or two) with a narrower range the 10-36 13-cog cassette that's currently the tightest they offer.

Wishful thinking here but a 60t 1x with 12-40 cassette sounds like the ticket to me!
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 1x13....TT version coming? [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 56 with 11x42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:

I'd be happy with 12spd road cassettes that fit on a standard S freehub. Campy has 11,12,13,14,15,16,17,19,22,25,28,32... that would work for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 1x13....TT version coming? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
gary p wrote:

I'd be happy with 12spd road cassettes that fit on a standard S freehub. Campy has 11,12,13,14,15,16,17,19,22,25,28,32... that would work for me.

Rotor has those. Same cassettes as their 1x13's minus the 10T cog. 11-36 is the tightest, although it's a very progressive ramp so the steps are pretty tight for the first 8 cogs. Fit on the standard Shimano/SRAM 11-speed road freehub.

Last edited by: gary p: Oct 4, 19 14:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply