Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Addressing the Cost of Triathlons: Are there KOMs on Strava (or other places) for triathlon?
Quote | Reply

It has come up many times over the history of this (and previous) forum(s) that the increasing cost of races makes it just too hard to race. I was wondering if there is an alternative to this in the current crop of online workout recording sites/systems such as Strava. I would be nice to have course specifically designed for this kind of racing that either do not put a road cyclist crossing intersections that are ‘challenging’ or are off road. I know that many local clubs have weekly workout or mini-tris that fit this kind of thing. So my questions are as follows:

Does something like Strava for triathlons currently exist, and if so, how hard is it to set up a ‘course’ for others to ‘race’?

Are there liability issues with doing this and/or promoting it?

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
stephenj wrote:

It has come up many times over the history of this (and previous) forum(s) that the increasing cost of races makes it just too hard to race. I was wondering if there is an alternative to this in the current crop of online workout recording sites/systems such as Strava. I would be nice to have course specifically designed for this kind of racing that either do not put a road cyclist crossing intersections that are ‘challenging’ or are off road. I know that many local clubs have weekly workout or mini-tris that fit this kind of thing. So my questions are as follows:

Does something like Strava for triathlons currently exist, and if so, how hard is it to set up a ‘course’ for others to ‘race’?

Are there liability issues with doing this and/or promoting it?

Do a local sprint tri or du. Cheapo.

You can't do this due to the liability.

That's the nickel explanation.

If you're absolutely set on doing this..........do it with friends only. Pick a regional TT race or a local 5k to base it around. Then find a pool/body of water nearby.

Arena parking lots work well for TT workouts bricked with a run if you live near one. Go swim at your pool, then drive to the arena and do your laps.

This isn't hard unless you're trying to make it more official than you can legally make it without having lots of liability.
Quote Reply