Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Flat and Fast IM (with almost guaranteed swim) [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
FFigawi wrote:
IM Western Australia?

Swim is not guaranteed with their regular shark sightings.

yikes!

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Flat and Fast IM (with almost guaranteed swim) [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious... What makes Barcelona cheap?
Quote Reply
Re: Flat and Fast IM (with almost guaranteed swim) [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:

Well the race is not really in Barcelona, but a seaside resort (Calella) about 1h from Barcelona - end of summer season with most tourists gone and lots of hotels. I am just sitting here getting ready for tomorrow and I paid 75 Euro half board per night in a fairly decent hotel less than 5 mins walk from the expo/finish line. Food and wine are cheap and good (Seafood / Paella) as is public transport (5 EUR from Barcelona airport to Calella).

A good coffee is 1.5 EUR Vs 5-6 EUR in Copenhagen. Also locals seem to embrace the race and are friendly. Living in London, the flight was pretty cheap (~200 EUR incl bike), but YMMV.

I'm here for the second time and everything is just super convenient.
Quote Reply
Re: Flat and Fast IM (with almost guaranteed swim) [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoffmeister wrote:
JBell wrote:

Well the race is not really in Barcelona, but a seaside resort (Calella) about 1h from Barcelona - end of summer season with most tourists gone and lots of hotels. I am just sitting here getting ready for tomorrow and I paid 75 Euro half board per night in a fairly decent hotel less than 5 mins walk from the expo/finish line. Food and wine are cheap and good (Seafood / Paella) as is public transport (5 EUR from Barcelona airport to Calella).

A good coffee is 1.5 EUR Vs 5-6 EUR in Copenhagen. Also locals seem to embrace the race and are friendly. Living in London, the flight was pretty cheap (~200 EUR incl bike), but YMMV.

I'm here for the second time and everything is just super convenient.

Cool. Hope you have a great race! It's a far trek for me from Canada, but I'll be watching it closer to learn more about it!
Quote Reply
Re: Flat and Fast IM (with almost guaranteed swim) [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Copenhagen is a really good option except for the price tag of the whole thing. Also AZ is a strong candidate.
Quote Reply
Re: Flat and Fast IM (with almost guaranteed swim) [rodchaves31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Copenhagen

Yes, it is expensive. It's worth it. Make it a big vacation
Last edited by: JoeO: Oct 5, 19 16:07
Quote Reply

Prev Next