Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Good time to buy Flo wheels? [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
Kenny Hines wrote:
Was the 14 day free shipping from Flo or HED? Thinking of getting new front wheel but race is less than 3 weeks away.
That's from Flo. Website says 2-7 days but the reality appears to be much longer.

I'm not saying you didn't wait 14 days, but I would say 14 days is far from the norm. Typically, Fedex Smart post takes 6-9 business days, which does feel like an eternity in the days of Amazon Prime.

The long and short of it is wheels are surprisingly expensive to ship. We offer free shipping or the option to upgrade to USPS priority or overnight. Pricing depends on your zip code.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Good time to buy Flo wheels? [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FedEx Ground is a guaranteed service that you might want to consider. Four business days across the country maximum.
Quote Reply
Re: Good time to buy Flo wheels? [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian wrote:

I'm not saying you didn't wait 14 days, but I would say 14 days is far from the norm. Typically, Fedex Smart post takes 6-9 business days, which does feel like an eternity in the days of Amazon Prime.

The long and short of it is wheels are surprisingly expensive to ship. We offer free shipping or the option to upgrade to USPS priority or overnight. Pricing depends on your zip code.
I've had other items from other companies shipped via Fedex Smartpost and it's always been very slow per today's standards. Last time it took more than a week to ship something from 25 miles away and my package traveled to various places and airports throughout the state. I don't know how it works but it's weird.

I actually got the disc wheel yesterday, and it looks really nice. One question as to your recommendation on covering the valve stem hole - do you have any easy, clean, effective solutions you recommend? I don't want to leave it open as that's just a way to collect dirt inside. And related to this - does an open hole impact aerodynamics?
Quote Reply
Re: Good time to buy Flo wheels? [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
Canadian wrote:

I've had other items from other companies shipped via Fedex Smartpost and it's always been very slow per today's standards. Last time it took more than a week to ship something from 25 miles away and my package traveled to various places and airports throughout the state. I don't know how it works but it's weird.

I actually got the disc wheel yesterday, and it looks really nice. One question as to your recommendation on covering the valve stem hole - do you have any easy, clean, effective solutions you recommend? I don't want to leave it open as that's just a way to collect dirt inside. And related to this - does an open hole impact aerodynamics?

We recommend the 2" wide electrical tape or clear packing tape. We use the later in the wind tunnel when we test.

We've found covering your valve cutout is worth about 2 seconds over 40k and 8 seconds during an IM bike leg. We recommend starting with a covered valve hole and not worrying about re-covering if you get a flat.

Happy to hear you are liking the new wheel.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply

Prev Next