Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Exist? Felt Bayonet 3 Cage Mount Bridge
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I did some searching and haven't come up with any result. Has anyone seen an aftermarket riser bridge for the Felt Bayonet 3 that has an integrated cage mount? I can engineer my own but so much easier to just buy. :-)

Thank You,
Ron
Quote Reply
Re: Exist? Felt Bayonet 3 Cage Mount Bridge [WaterRat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked about a year ago. Couldn't find what I wanted and ended up buying an Alden Carbon BTA mount. Might be more than you want to pay...especially if you can engineer your own. But I've been really happy with mine
Quote Reply
Re: Exist? Felt Bayonet 3 Cage Mount Bridge [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So was able to get some time on the mill this weekend and make the BTA bridge for the Bayonet 3. I don't have a CNC or Prototrak so the rounded contour isn't perfect. This is way better than the X-Lab Torpedo Velcro to the aero bars plate and even making this from .160 aluminum that I had laying around it saved 5.7 ounces. I may end up making a final version out of carbon but this works for now.

Ron
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks very cool, but you should get your clamps replaced with V3s: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...5Brruff%5D_P7060630/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome. I'm totally doing that.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Exist? Felt Bayonet 3 Cage Mount Bridge [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ruff, Thanks for the heads up on the V3 clamps. I was aware of that thread but hadn’t read it in a while. Didn’t know there was an updated fix.

Ed, just FYI that the mounting holes are .250” and then I used a 5/16 end mill to do the recess for the fit washers. That recess is .042” deep and at 5/16 the little washers end up being right at a light press fit.

Ron
Quote Reply