Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is my bike fit hurting my run?
Quote | Reply
I'm stumped, I don't understand why my sprint Tri run splits are slower than my 13.1 pace by more than 10 seconds per mile (and OLY is even worse). I worked my butt of this past winter to drop 4 minutes off my half marathon time, and ended up having the same subpar run splits as the past couple years. I only do short course, and a couple years ago my OLY run splits were a faster pace than my sprint pace is now (and I've made huge improvements in my half marathon pace in that time so I don't think I'm just getting slower).

I've been able to rule out the usual suspects: it isn't overbiking (recent races I've ridden at 82% of true 1-hour power and 94% with nearly identical run splits); it isn't bonking (I've had plenty of calories, one race I ended up with side stitches from too much fuel at the wrong time); it isn't general fitness (my training strongly suggests I have plenty of fitness for both 1 and 2 hour races). The only other things I can think of now are either bike fit, inadequate training time spent at race run cadence, or maybe just the inability to suffer and go as deep as I used to.

Take a look and tell me if I can rule out #1. This is pretty much exactly my race position. I shift on the saddle a few seconds in in the same manner I often do in a race.

And yeah, my wife was vacuuming so sorry about the noise haha.

Powertap / Cycleops / Saris
Quote Reply
Re: Is my bike fit hurting my run? [Tulkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump, because I suck at the timing of my post (late at night while watching the Saints beat the Cowboys. Woot!).

Quote Reply
Re: Is my bike fit hurting my run? [Tulkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
over the net coaching is tough without the right data points and more experience with an athletes and then form running vs biking etc.
You could be running slower due to nothing to do with your bike. BUT...

You are too low first..
which makes you pull forward and has your quads overloading in that position.

get your elbows up about 30 - 40 mm and then you can move your hips back to the proper position and not over work for your power.

you will not be higher, your butt, back,head will all be the same you just don't need to reach with your arms and can relax and open up your breathing. ( hence the cramps)

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Is my bike fit hurting my run? [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I can give that a try. Thank you for the suggestion!

Quote Reply