Quote Reply
Re: Need help getting an athlete to Kona [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pm sent

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Need help getting an athlete to Kona [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your generous offer. The priority is to find a place for this athlete to land. There must be someone in for Kona that can spare a couch.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its kind of late in the game for this, how about a go fund me page? Can they be set up for such a short time period? I would give a few bucks, like a lot would I presume, if you gave a little more of his story, and who he actually is. I presume one of the African runners turned triathlete? It would be way easier to get a little bit from a lot of people, than a lot from one person at the moment..

Good luck to whoever it is..
Quote Reply
Re: Need help getting an athlete to Kona [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed

I’ll kick in a few bucks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He should register at the "couch surfing" website to see if anyone is offering a place. I've never used it, but I know someone who has an she says it is great.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are campgrounds all over the big island. Kona on a budget would be a great video.
Quote Reply
Re: Need help getting an athlete to Kona [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it's late in the game. I just found out about the situation shortly before posting. I was reluctant to ask for monetary donations. Honestly, I'm not sure how to help this fellow out. He needs a place to stay, and asking for that seemed to make the most sense. I'll touch base with him today and see what info he's comfortable sharing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I set up a GoFundMe page
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-silvio-guerra-race-kona

and started a new thread.
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Please_help_Silvio_Guerra_race_Kona_P7046082/

Thanks all for the suggestions. My first time doing something like this, so it's much appreciated.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much $$$ do you figure he needs for the trip? I suggest having a "goal amount." Maybe someone will feel sorry enough for him that he can't afford this 10 day trip to Hawaii, a better bike, etc....

That sucks that he is not sponsored by this time. Is that unusual for an athlete of his caliber?
Quote Reply