Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Get a new bike or stick with the Slice [east31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I thought too, but I think he is saying that if you can get the reach and not effect handling much, then a smaller frame with higher spacers (and slammed bar) is better. Correct?

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
east31 wrote:
Thanks Brian. That is good to know. I had not considered your point #2 before. I thought that I had read on here that a slammed stem with the spacers bringing the pads up to height was desirable.

My guess is... If the headtube is good aero shape then it will have lower drag at high yaw. At lower yaw you are better off with a large riser stack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the advise folks, I do appreciate the input. I will stick with the Slice for now but I will be keeping an eye out for a well priced XL P2/3. Have a great weekend!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is a very clean setup, and depending on how you're holding the extensions and posturing your head neck and shoulders, you're probably going to be pretty fast.

Eric

east31 wrote:
Has anyone switched from their Cannondale Slice (2016 version) to something more 'aero'? What are you thoughts? Are their real world gains to be had by going P2/3, Speed Concept etc? Budget is a factor so I would be looking at second hand. I have just had a bike fit by Dean at Fitwerx and the bike is set up as per his recommendations. I like the fit. I had a 2:32 bike split at Maine 70.3 (pre-fit) and I am looking at Ironman Lake Placid next year. I have Di2, wheels etc to switch across to something new but I am just not sure if it is worth it! Thanks

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'5" and use a p2 ... 86,5cm between top of seatpost and center of crank. The seatpost still has a fair margin left (close to 8-9cm, though I'm not sure I'd trust their "minimum insert").

Last edited by: shtrob: Oct 6, 19 7:44
Quote Reply

Prev Next