Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Non-North American 70.3 with Greater than 1,000 registrants
Quote | Reply
Besides races put on by WTC and Challenge, what non-North American 70.3 have more than 1,000 registrants? I'm looking for one

Thanks

Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Non-North American 70.3 with Greater than 1,000 registrants [zoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK wise, there are plenty. Ones local to me are the Cotswold 113 & the Cotswold Classic (both HIM) same course & RD, just two months apart. There are also the two 'Outlaw Half' events, both sell-out and are >1000. Someone might be along to add to the UK list...
https://www.113events.com/
https://www.outlawtriathlon.com/...ngham-half/overview/

29 years and counting
Last edited by: Jorgan: Sep 27, 19 6:17
Quote Reply
Re: Non-North American 70.3 with Greater than 1,000 registrants [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Cotswolds ones are capped at 800 since last year?
Quote Reply
Re: Non-North American 70.3 with Greater than 1,000 registrants [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are more than 1000 registrants though, if you look at the start lists. The RD had to reduce the field as the course couldn't cope and there were too many waves. I think it peaked at around 1250 actual starters. It always sells out by Oct these days. But yeah, he's always had to cap entries.

29 years and counting
Last edited by: Jorgan: Sep 27, 19 6:21
Quote Reply
Re: Non-North American 70.3 with Greater than 1,000 registrants [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:
Barrelman in Niagara Falls
http://niagarafallstriathlon.com/

I know it's not Amurica, but last time I checked Niagara Falls was in North America.

@Kid
Quote Reply
Re: Non-North American 70.3 with Greater than 1,000 registrants [atkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I completely misread your message! Woops

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: Non-North American 70.3 with Greater than 1,000 registrants [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem mate... I believe you are Canadian so likely not a misfail on the geography but a simple reading comprehension issue. I knew someone on here would point it out so why not me?

Cheers,
@Kid
Quote Reply
Re: Non-North American 70.3 with Greater than 1,000 registrants [atkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup! Too fast with the clicks this morning.

I'm not sure of numbers, but this series could be interesting: http://xtriworldtour.com/
They may all be full distance though, and it's of the "extreme" variety, which you may not be interested in. But searching for series like this one and in those locations could yield some results.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Last edited by: Staer: Sep 27, 19 6:49
Quote Reply
Re: Non-North American 70.3 with Greater than 1,000 registrants [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A little bit too late as they just announced 2020 as a sellout, but the Lakesman will be 1000+ next year - but that's split between 600 on the full and 600 doing the half (both distances run at the same time)
Quote Reply
Re: Non-North American 70.3 with Greater than 1,000 registrants [p9ul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
which one is sold-out, Outlaw Half?

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jorgan wrote:
which one is sold-out, Outlaw Half?

No, Lakesman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jorgan wrote:
There are more than 1000 registrants though, if you look at the start lists. The RD had to reduce the field as the course couldn't cope and there were too many waves. I think it peaked at around 1250 actual starters. It always sells out by Oct these days. But yeah, he's always had to cap entries.

Aha, I mis-understood that. Great races indeed, did it in 2017 with 1200 people and then they mentioned they would cap it at 800 the next year. I didn't find it too busy on the course though. Wanted to do it this year but indeed, I was too late, and it was full. Triathlon in the UK is very popular! I used to live in the US, now in the UK. Lots of nice races here!

I think there are a few bigger races in France too, in The Netherlands there are some bigger 70.3's but not sure if they reach 1000. There is TriAmsterdam, Brouwersdam 90, Klazienaveen. But not sure if they have 1000 registrants.
Bilzen 111 in Belgium is a bigger race too with a high level. Not 70.3's, but long and a lot of people using it as a test race for full distance. Very high level of participants usually.
Quote Reply
Re: Non-North American 70.3 with Greater than 1,000 registrants [zoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are a couple in France:

Cannes International
Alpe d’huez triathlon
Gerardmer triathlon XL
Natureman
Last edited by: Diabolo: Sep 27, 19 20:05
Quote Reply