Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is the QR PRSix an Elite Super Bike?
Quote | Reply
I've been doing alot of research recently on top tier bikes as I'm finally going to bite the bullet and get one of the flagship bikes. However, as I've been doing my research around what's the fastest bike I'm struggling to find data on the Quintana Roo PRSix. It seems as though the P5, IA, and Speed Concept are often referenced as the fastest bikes and included in wind tunnel tests, I can even find data on the Shiv and TM01, but it doesn't seem like any of the tests ever include the PRSix. Anyone know why? Is it just not a fast bike? If not, why?
Quote Reply
Re: Is the QR PRSix an Elite Super Bike? [BigByte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of that data should be on here. When I bought my Three there was a lot going on here that helped persuade me to make the purchase. I know QR published some stuff and Dan or someone did some write-ups on the front page. Just search around because it is out there. But it is a fast bike.

EDIT:

Here is one thread I found with a chart:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...tring=prsix#p6404493

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Last edited by: AlyraD: Sep 27, 19 6:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Testing done by Quintana Roo

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Is the QR PRSix an Elite Super Bike? [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QR PRSix seems really expensive at $10k. The Cervelo P5 with Ultegra Di is $2k cheaper. The Speed Concept is way cheaper than both.

I'm in the market too, trying to decide on the once in a lifetime "best" bike. For me, it comes down to Cervelo P5 or P3x or Speed Concept.
  • The P5 is the safe route. I know I can do any distance on it and never doubt that I made a good choice.
  • The Speed Concept is just as fast as the P5 but much cheaper. I can go Project One and add every bell and whistle and it and still be cheaper than the P5.
  • The P3x is either cool looking or an abomination depending on your preferences. I love all the storage options. I just wish I could actually look at one in person, not for a test ride, just to compare the P5 and P3x side by side.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why isn't the Premier Tactical on your list? It's $4k cheaper and tests as one of the "fastest" bikes on the planet.
Quote Reply
Re: Is the QR PRSix an Elite Super Bike? [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
Why isn't the Premier Tactical on your list? It's $4k cheaper and tests as one of the "fastest" bikes on the planet.

I didn't think that Tactical came out all that great in the "peak aero" test - barely better than the old Felt B-model. And I'm not aware of any other independent tests.
Quote Reply
Re: Is the QR PRSix an Elite Super Bike? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you remember wrong.

Im pretty sure it was 3w slower then the p5 and p5x.
Quote Reply
Re: Is the QR PRSix an Elite Super Bike? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Is the QR PRSix an Elite Super Bike? [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcohen24 wrote:
I think you remember wrong.

Im pretty sure it was 3w slower then the p5 and p5x.

The units given were CdA or grams @ 30MPH. To me it just appears pretty close to tied with the Felt. The Tactical just gives doesn't appear that impressive in the graph because it doesn't excel at any one thing. It's not that great at low yaw (compared to the arguably best-in-class Cervelos). And though good at higher yaw, not by a ton.

It's a fine bike. But the subject line is "Elite Super Bike." So it's fair to compare to the best-in-class like the Speed Concept and Cervelos.

Last edited by: trail: Sep 27, 19 10:15
Quote Reply
Re: Is the QR PRSix an Elite Super Bike? [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:
Here is the final report to refresh your memory: https://drive.google.com/...c2pYSHJ1cVllUjQ/view

Yes, I looked it up before posting. The Tactical is in a jumble hard to distinguish from the Felt and Andean at lower yaw. I'd call it the 4th fastest bike in that test, but closer to last than first in the really critical yaw angles.

I guess the question is whether the Felt-Andean-Tactical jumble is still in "Elite Super Bike" status. I'd argue maybe not. You'd want something that's not definitively slower than a Cervelo at the -5 to +5 yaw range.
Last edited by: trail: Sep 27, 19 10:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigByte wrote:
I've been doing alot of research recently on top tier bikes as I'm finally going to bite the bullet and get one of the flagship bikes. However, as I've been doing my research around what's the fastest bike I'm struggling to find data on the Quintana Roo PRSix. It seems as though the P5, IA, and Speed Concept are often referenced as the fastest bikes and included in wind tunnel tests, I can even find data on the Shiv and TM01, but it doesn't seem like any of the tests ever include the PRSix. Anyone know why? Is it just not a fast bike? If not, why?

Some other things to consider.... That's all QR does. Make bikes for triathlon. In regards to wind tunnel data...I've done just enough racing/riding to know the odds of the wind hitting you "just right" to take advantage of all the aero properties the bicycle manufacturers sell us on is almost zero. For me the PRSix fit is awesome. In addition to the fit, everything is super simple. Just FWIW Hope you enjoy which ever you choose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think a PRfive w/ a Tririg Alpha One might be faster/more aero and you save a few bucks. I was going to get my wife a the PRsix (I had actually place an order) but switched to the five and added the Alpha One and the result is perfect. Aero, super adjustable.

Last edited by: gregtay: Sep 27, 19 18:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We were the third fastest bike behind the Cerveklo P5X and P5. 2-3 watts at about 1/2 the cost.

That is 2-3 watts in the tunnel. On the road with our Ceramic Bearings front and rear (that are included in the cost) along with our Optimized Chain (that is included in the cost) we are faster.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Is the QR PRSix an Elite Super Bike? [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
We were the third fastest bike behind the Cerveklo P5X and P5. 2-3 watts at about 1/2 the cost.

Tied for 3rd at best. :) Pretty much a dead heat with the Andean (only looking at aero).

Though granted, once you look at all the things other than aero, I'd prefer the Tactical over the Andean.
Last edited by: trail: Sep 27, 19 19:24
Quote Reply
Re: Is the QR PRSix an Elite Super Bike? [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Absolutely gorgeous! Just needs a set of Styx :-)

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Is the QR PRSix an Elite Super Bike? [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
Absolutely gorgeous! Just needs a set of Styx :-)

Well I do have a Delta on my workbench waiting to be mounted up :)