Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TT helmet visor color use
Quote | Reply
 Hi, I received a Carnac Kronus TT helmet with 4 different visors. One clear, one blue-ish, one mirrored amber outside but more of a brownish tint inside and a mirrored silver but darker from the inside... question is, what color is used for what conditions? The clear one is more obvious, but what about the rest?
Quote Reply
Re: TT helmet visor color use [MarioTB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No real hard and fast rule. Depends largely on light conditions and UV transmission rate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go by feel, but generally:

Clear - low light/overcast/rain
Brown - Inconsistent light (in and out of tree cover)
Gray/Silver - normal/sunny conditions
Blue - ???? (matches kit?)

All of these probably block 99.9% UV, so it's about visual preference not sun protection.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should buy a more aerodynamic helmet.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just went on that website is that helmet really under $50?
If so WHY?
I see something that looks like a Specialized Evade for under $20 whats the deal?
Quote Reply
Re: TT helmet visor color use [triguy1043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know! it was not that price when I bought it (Got mine from eBay, 90 USD). I checked the website and it was a fair price, see this review from 2017: https://road.cc/...us-time-trial-helmet

Maybe they went broke or have a huge sale? now I feel ripped off LOL
Quote Reply
Re: TT helmet visor color use [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! and actually, the blue one is the one that looks better on the helmet in my opinion. I got the neon yellow one.
Quote Reply
Re: TT helmet visor color use [Slug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wanted a TT one in yellow...
Quote Reply
Re: TT helmet visor color use [triguy1043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy1043 wrote:
I just went on that website is that helmet really under $50?
If so WHY?
I see something that looks like a Specialized Evade for under $20 whats the deal?

Looking at the site, it mentions some of the helmets being EN1078 certified, but omits this for the TT helmet and the one that looks like an Evade. Wonder if these are legal to race with, or like the "Rock Bros" Chinese helmets that aren't tested?

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have found over the years that blue lenses seem to be suitable for the widest range of conditions. Therefore, I tend to use them a lot. I live in west Wales, so maybe the light conditions here are favourable.

But I think that’s the point: different light conditions will suit different types of filters.
Quote Reply
Re: TT helmet visor color use [Old Albion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great! thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: TT helmet visor color use [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope not! the box says CPSC certified, but I'm in the office right now and I can't check the inside of the helmet. I really hope it is OK...

I did my research and it looked OK? https://www.facebook.com/...ri/1849471401752511/
Quote Reply