Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

keeping pre-mixed nutrition bottles in IM bike special needs bag cool-ish
Quote | Reply
not expecting them to be ice cold but cool-ish would be nice. I'm staying in a hotel with a mini-fridge so not sure the mini-fridge will do a great job of freezing the bottles. I've read the trick about freezing the bottles then wrapping with paper towels in aluminum foil. My drive to the event a couple hours so I've considered freezing at home, putting in a yeti cooler, then putting in hotel mini-fridge freezer. But I'm not sure if it would be better just to keep them in the cooler the entire time before taking them out race morning. None of this is super critical as it's not like they stay super cold once I load them on the bike. And one of the reasons I chose tailwind for my nutrition is it tastes the least awful to me warm.
Quote Reply
Re: keeping pre-mixed nutrition bottles in IM bike special needs bag cool-ish [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use double insulated bottles. I've had cold water stay cold in my hot car for 6 hoirs in the summer with a Contigo bottle.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: keeping pre-mixed nutrition bottles in IM bike special needs bag cool-ish [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a cheap insulated lunch bag and put the bottles in there along with a couple of ice packs... it usually does the trick. One of the volunteers at IMTX this year was surprised at how cold they still were!
Quote Reply
Re: keeping pre-mixed nutrition bottles in IM bike special needs bag cool-ish [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you freeze them ahead of time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure the hotel will a larger fridge in the staff's rest area, you could always ask if they'd store your bottles in that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have at times but not always. Even if I don't they are still pretty cold.
Quote Reply
Re: keeping pre-mixed nutrition bottles in IM bike special needs bag cool-ish [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll probably go this route. I have an old insulated lunch bag I never use so will use that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
I use a cheap insulated lunch bag and put the bottles in there along with a couple of ice packs... it usually does the trick. One of the volunteers at IMTX this year was surprised at how cold they still were!

This is what I do too. Cheap and easy.
Quote Reply