Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Airstreeem TT Bike [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of Course it is....it our opinion they look similar.

That’s fine you disagree but we believe otherwise
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem TT Bike [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's right, though.

Are people really unable to see the numerous important differences? Plus, for anyone who thinks it's open-mold the burden is on them to find its twin. Neither the frame nor the fork looks like anything I've seen.

Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem TT Bike [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy crap.....You guys don’t understand the difference between facts and opinions. I recognize there are factual differences between these bikes but the airstream still reminded me of the tactical as soon as I saw it. That’s my opinion. Put another way, two girls walk down the street. Both are blonde and 5’10” but different weights and different nose shapes. My opinion is that they look alike despite their factual differences. You disagree and claim they aren’t. Ok.
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem TT Bike [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. The Tactical has a much more elegant and aero braking system and it's 50% less expensive. It's also easy to pack with a box that's included in the price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Holy crap.....You guys don’t understand the difference between facts and opinions.

You stated it as fact. You said it was a knockoff... ie a copy. That is obviously not the case. Not even close.
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem TT Bike [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I didn’t. Strobro did. You need to re-read my post a bit more carefully in which I specifically declined to make such a comment. Let me spell it out. My comment meant that Premier Tactical has “made it” in the sense that anyone would even think about it when looking at another bike whereas the brand didn’t even several years ago. Anyways, back to the bike...
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Sep 24, 19 19:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know, you just agreed with him. And like Staer I'm kind of amazed at what people think "looks the same". No big deal...
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem TT Bike [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:

AFAIK, those only work with external, unsheathed cable sections which you won't find on a P3 or AR.

Darn. No sheathed version? It would be amazing to have the shifter and rear brake cables on quick connect fittings to swap between road and tt bars
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem TT Bike [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
You're right. The Tactical has a much more elegant and aero braking system and it's 50% less expensive. It's also easy to pack with a box that's included in the price.

I may be nit picking but your price comparison is not correct. The 7000 euro price for the Airstreem includes the 19% German sales tax where as Tactical does not include tax. At the current exchange rate the quoted price equates to just north of $6000 when factoring in the tax. I know Tactical offers value for money but not $3000 Di2 values for money. The real price difference is about $400.
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem TT Bike [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the sake of accuracy please let me add a bit of information:

The Tactical is $5,890.00 (no tax)

It comes with: Athletes choice of disc, 88 or 45 mm rear wheel, 88 or 45 front wheel, Tilt Kit, Ceramic BB, additional Shimano press-fit BB, Ceramic Rear pulley kit, original Shimano rear pulley set, Custom Hydration with bento box, integrated center pull brakes, Continental GP4000II race tires, custom foam grips (base bar and extensions) and Optimized Chain.

It also includes $200.00 toward a bike fit at the fitter of the athletes choice.

We own and designed all molds including the base bar, seat post, extensions, rear storage, frame, all alloy pieces, hydration and wheels (both 700c and 650c for the XS).

The Tactical has been independently wind tunnel tested - rider off and rider on - in the top 3 fastest bikes available and within 2 watts of the Cervelo P5X (which tested fastest at over 2 X the price).

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Airstreeem TT Bike [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Just the new Aero3 TT bike. Everything else is still their own special recipe. Like a lot of companies they wouldn't be selling enough TT/Tri bikes to justify developing their own new one."

Do you know which open mold they use or which company is their supplier?
Last edited by: L.hayes: Aug 23, 20 10:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Holy crap.....You guys don’t understand the difference between facts and opinions. I recognize there are factual differences between these bikes but the airstream still reminded me of the tactical as soon as I saw it. That’s my opinion. Put another way, two girls walk down the street. Both are blonde and 5’10” but different weights and different nose shapes. My opinion is that they look alike despite their factual differences. You disagree and claim they aren’t. Ok.

The bigger question is why are you so upset and confrontational when someone simply pointed out that when actually placed side by side they don't look alike?

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply

Prev Next