Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommendations for prescription sunglasses
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for new prescription sunglasses, mostly for cycling. I've had a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets (Asian fit) for a number of years. They're OK but slightly too big, and I wonder if the youth Quarter Jacket would be better. I'd prefer sunglasses semi-rimless frames - I find sweat or rain tend to build up in that part of the frame and make it hard to see.

Any recommendations for prescription sunglasses with a smaller fit and polarized lens?
Last edited by: hyr00: Sep 23, 19 11:30
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for prescription sunglasses [hyr00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Asian fit (because I have a stupidly tiny nose) and prescription Half Jackets that I really love (photochromic). My previous frames were Adidas. In spite of being a size small frame, they never fit well, were brittle plastic, and the aftermarket prescription lenses fell out super easily. So this time I sprung for the $$ Oakley lenses. I have no regrets. They fit great on my small face (I wear a size M helmet, but my actual face is pretty small, if that makes sense) and the lenses are nearly impossible to remove, so I don't worry about them popping-out when I stick them on my head. No significant fogging issues, either.

"Rectum, damn near killed 'em!"
Thriving, in spite of familial metastatic colorectal cancer since 2017 (diagnosed @ 44)
Minus most of rectum/sigmoid colon and 1 lung lobe
Early screening saves lives!
Quote Reply