Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized aero fuel cell
Quote | Reply
I have a shiv that’s a little more than a year old. I cracked my fuel cell and have been trying to get a new one for a few weeks. Specialized has told me that they discontinued the part. Is anyone making an aftermarket product? I’m pretty unhappy about it because I chose the shiv for the integrated tool storage and hydration. Does anyone have an idea??

I saw another post about this, but people were still staying it was possible to get the fuel cell online. I have heard directly from specialized that the fuel cell for the shiv is discontinued.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized aero fuel cell [Zyoung200] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you located? Both sizes are available online in the USA at specialized.com. I was able to add each to my cart. I did not check out and removed the items from cart.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized aero fuel cell [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure it was the fuel cell tool storage and not the hydration bladder? I’m in the US.

I attached a screenshot where you can see the part number. There is one available in Australia but the site won’t allow me to order it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was also told by Specialized that they are no longer available in the US. I also saw that there are some available through the AUS store but wouldn't let me order to US.

Here is the reply I got from Specialized:
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, there is no store that I am aware of in the US that has any of these in stock anymore. We have been out of stock for a while on our end so most of our dealers have sold out as well. There might be a chance of sourcing one second hand but that is the only option I can think of if you can't find one available at a store. I apologize, but I hope you have a great day!
Last edited by: jdmyers88: Sep 22, 19 22:21
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized aero fuel cell [jdmyers88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's right here on the US store: https://www.specialized.com/...?color=230670-155590

Discontinuing that part right now makes no sense. They need to keep making that for a few more years.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized aero fuel cell [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, that is the fuelselage. I believe he's asking about the Fuel Cell which is this part: https://www.specialized.com/...ero-storage/p/117930 which is only available in the AUS store now.
Last edited by: jdmyers88: Sep 22, 19 22:49
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized aero fuel cell [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Considering this was Specialized premier triathlon bike for a decade, the new model only now available to mortals and the amount still being ridden I wouldn't be stopping the supply of any parts to the Shiv for many years to come.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
im in AUS and can buy and ship if u like. Costs $68 AUD (and our dollar sucks balls)shipped to me, but the shipping ffrom here to you could be a little pricey maybe? dont know. Could take a few weeks too im not sure, but if ur desperate for a fuel cell i can get one to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see you screen shot. Yes, it's the bladder. I can't help what Specialized says. I found it two ways on specialized.com int the USA this morning. I searched for 'fuel cell' and it was the only product found. I also clicked the 'equipment' drop down, then selected 'water bottles' and it was the second product in the list. This was valid at 8:50 ET this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized aero fuel cell [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bladder is the fuelselage, not the fuel cell. The fuel cell is the frame insert that you can carry your spare kit in.

I think this is what you were looking up: https://www.specialized.com/...tion-system/p/155590

And this is what he was asking for: https://www.specialized.com/...ero-storage/p/117930 However, this isn't available in the US store anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized aero fuel cell [jdmyers88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Sheesh, I'm stupid sometimes. My apologies for my obtuseness. I hate it when that happens. Lucky for me, it only occurs on days that end in "y". Even more fortunately, it's also restricted to waking hours...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Specialized Shiv Fuel Cell has been discontinued and is no longer available on the Specialized website. For anyone who is trying to obtain one, I have found two sources.

BikeSports, LTD
231 Main Street South
Newmarket, Ontario L3Y 324
Canada
Telephone: 905 953 1609

SwimBikeRun
Philippines
email: shop @ swimbikerun.ph

Just to avoid any confusion, the Fuel Cell is the plastic and rubber box that fits in the lower portion of the main triangle of the frame to store a tire repair kit and energy bars. It is designed for the older version of the Shiv that is still marketed as the Shiv Sport and Shiv Elite.
Quote Reply