Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why should I buy a Speed Concept? [Porfirio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Porfirio wrote:
gary p wrote:
r-b wrote:
I just bought a 2020 Speed Concept. Why? Because I got one of the fastest frames available with Ultegra Gruppo, draft box and top tube storage for under 4K. Add race wheels and I have one of the best looking, most aerodynamic, most comfortable tri bikes available. I think it’s the best deal out there!

This. If you order the base package, and skip the pricey Project One customization, it’ a screaming performance bargain. Despite the age of the design, I don’t think you can buy an appreciable faster frame. Throw a ~$2k Hed Jet 9/Disc combo on a ~$4k standard Speed Concept, and you have a package that can go toe-to-toe with anything you can buy at any price.

Thanks. Are the wheels really not race-worthy? I have a pair of low-mileage 1st gen Flo 60s. You think these perform better than the Aeolus?

I suspect the stock wheels are good, if not great. Probably in the ballpark with Gen1 Flo 60s. Were I in the position to buy a new SC, I'd probably just put an AeroJacket on the stock rear wheel and call it a day. A deep-front/disc-rear wheel upgrade is what moves you from something that's ~90th percentile aero to 99th percentile aero.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply

Prev Next