Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: To All the posters, I loved before..... [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orangutang and his attacks on Cervelo. That guy was a piece of work.

As I recall, it was the Iraq war in 2003 that caused the first big and lasting political "us versus them" schism in the LR (well, it was one forum back then, so, more accurately, it was the runup to the Iraq war that caused the LR's creation to get us out of what was and is a triathlon forum).

I think Francois was the first to post in the new LR.

As to Tibbs' P3, I still have my TSR tri shorts. They're worn and the elastic's not very elastic, but I still occasionally wear them under my workout shorts (so, I guess you could say that Tibbs still gets in my pants on occasion). I never bought any "Peaceful Tribe" apparel because I knew better than to believe we were peaceful.

And that one time that some girl was going to post a nude if Bjorn performed well enough in some race. I seem to recall that she made good on the promise but her post was quickly removed.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: To All the posters, I loved before..... [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
What happened to Cousin Elwood?

He lived in NorCal but I lost track of him.

I used to see MattinSF in downtown SF since we worked near each other.

From an old race website if anyone wants to try - More information: Call Chip Griffen at 779-537-9892.

Tibbs is still in Dallas and is doing great. We are FB friends. Tom D. is still Tom D.

bleucheese wrote:
There were plenty of ladies that were sharp as tacks with a great sense of humor.

And those of us still here (or who have since come) aren't????

I wonder about Kathy_Caribe on occasion. She had a melanoma on her back, seemed happy that it was caught early, and then stopped posting everywhere she frequented a few months later. It makes me sad to think that she might not have made it. :(
Quote Reply
Re: To All the posters, I loved before..... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right! I wonder what happened to Ken. //

I too was thinking where Ken went. Besides pretty much agreeing on most political things, we had old man swimming in common. Hope he is doing Ok..

And lets not forget Support Crew, RIP.. She was are look into the infamous Joe Bonness lifestyle and escapades. Hope Joe is doing ok too..
Quote Reply
Re: To All the posters, I loved before..... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
You're right! I wonder what happened to Ken. //

I too was thinking where Ken went. Besides pretty much agreeing on most political things, we had old man swimming in common. Hope he is doing Ok..

And lets not forget Support Crew, RIP.. She was are look into the infamous Joe Bonness lifestyle and escapades. Hope Joe is doing ok too..

Oh man, Support Crew! Loved her!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: To All the posters, I loved before..... [Bleucheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Plus a sad note, there was a well know poster (name withheld out of respect) who lost a young daughter. I did not know this poster, but that news hit me hard.

I'm fairly sure clm would remember that poster's name. I think they knew/know each other in real life. I also remember that happening.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: To All the posters, I loved before..... [TomRH538] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Howdy Tom
BC
Quote Reply
Re: To All the posters, I loved before..... [nosmo king] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Howdy BC
Quote Reply
Re: To All the posters, I loved before..... [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
I miss Hotman. He was a stone cold lunatic, but a harmless and frequently hilarious one.

Watching people try to argue seriously with him on the viability of maritAl sex contracts was high comedy.

One of my all time favorites. Dunno why, dude just always cracked me up. I still to this day tell people they should raise their saddle and point the nose down to go faster cause it will feel like you're riding downhill.

Doesn't Tom D still owe people money on this site?
Last edited by: talking head: Sep 27, 19 13:34
Quote Reply
Re: To All the posters, I loved before..... [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
JSA wrote:
You miss trashtalk, don't you?

And in Honor of Trashtalk, the epic https://vimeo.com/7565870

Careful now. He is definitely a beetlejuice character. Say his name and he will appear.
I am friends with him on FB. Haven't seen him in a few years but he is still around town
Quote Reply

Prev Next