Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Three week road bike rental in Southern California?
Quote | Reply
Any recommendation??
Quote Reply
Re: Three week road bike rental in Southern California? [rollfast82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where in SoCal?
Quote Reply
Re: Three week road bike rental in Southern California? [rollfast82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ya, where you coming into? Or going to be near?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My husband and I were in the Huntington Beach/Newport Beach area for about a week in May and we rented from HB Cycles. The rentals we ended up with were entry level FOCUS road bikes, I definitely missed my carbon fiber Trek, but they did the job. There were a couple places in the area we stayed that rented out road bikes, one store even had the option to rent out pedals as long as you brought your shoes with clips. I brought my shoes/clips and pedals so that saved a bit of money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Cal is a very big place -where are you looking for?

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies. Iā€™ll be in Malibu for a week then heading to San Juan Capistrano for of remainder of the trip. I would prefer a carbon bike with good components.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Incycle in Pasadena. They'll have the type of bike you want to rent. Tons of really high end stuff. Malibu to Pasadena is a 45 mile drive but probably worth it to get a nice bike for 3 weeks.
Pasadena
175 S Fair Oaks Ave

(626) 577-0440
Mon, Sat: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Tue - Fri: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Sun: 11:00am - 5:00pm

No, I don't work there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Helen's Cycles in Santa Monica is also a good option. would have several to choose from and a bit closer to Malibu.

https://www.helenscycles.com/...ke-rentals-pg271.htm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used these guys a couple of times:

https://synapticcycles.com/

They drop off and pick up the bike at my hotel which is very convenient as I don't need to transport it at all myself. Also do a good job setting the bike up according to my position etc...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What size? I have a 58 Cross bike you can always borrow for a small fee. It's in Simi Valley. Can loan with 2 sets of tires.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Iā€™ve reached out to all three suggested shops inquiring about a 21 day rental. Iā€™ll share my findings.

Helenā€™s quote was $65 per day/$1365 (they said itā€™s for an ā€œentry level bikeā€). They donā€™t deliver and suggested I bring my own bike.

Incycle Pasadena quoted me $75 per day/$1575 (nice Pinarello bikes šŸ‘). They also donā€™t deliver and asked me to reach out 7 days in advance as they donā€™t take reservations for bikes 6 weeks out. šŸ˜¬

Neither shop would work with me on the price or offered long term rental rates.

Synaptic Cycles quoted me $34.28 per day/ $720 + $60 delivery/pick up fee seen how delivery is in LA. (full carbon Masi Ultegra). They will deliver to Malibu and pick up in San Juan Capistrano. šŸŽ‰ šŸš² theyā€™ve already sent me an invoice for payment.

Thanks for the tips fellows
Quote Reply