Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona question: 404 vs 303 in the front [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that’s goes without saying. The question is ...is that wheelset the fastest when you may be coming out of aero position, bracing for the wind, expending extra energy etc. Mere wind tunnel tests don’t tell the whole story. I have no opinion or experience here, but, notwithstanding your experience, your response here oversimplifies it.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Sep 21, 19 4:33
Quote Reply
Re: Kona question: 404 vs 303 in the front [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
that’s goes without saying. The question is ...is that wheelset the fastest when you may be coming out of aero position, bracing for the wind, expensing extra energy etc. Mere wind tunnel tests don’t tell the whole story. I have no opinion or experience here, but, notwithstanding your experience, your response here oversimplifies it.

I agree; but man is it that hard to handle a zipp 808 or 858 or enve 7.8??? ..... maybe people should get off their trainers and go ride outside every now and then.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Kona question: 404 vs 303 in the front [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry. Let me say it again - 808 is life endagering (sp) on wrong day down from hawi. Yes, we can all ride 808 wheels find in wind most places.....again, i qualify my point with the "wrong day" part. 60% of days totally fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona question: 404 vs 303 in the front [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couldn’t agree with this enough. I’m running my 404 up front at Kona instead of an 808. I’d rather not have to worry about the wind, etc. I know for myself, if I ran an 808 front I would keep thinking about cross winds.

Trying to make it as enjoyable as I can.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona question: 404 vs 303 in the front [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the derail....

I'm doing the 70.3 next year. Hed Jet 6+ or H3+?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next