Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim Skin for Ironman Chatt.
Quote | Reply
I previously asked in an earlier post about swimming in a tri top and have been swayed towards a swim skin (I thought they were more expensive than that). My question now is can they be used in a non-wetsuit legal race like Chatt?

I did Chatt two years ago and I thought they were telling us no wetsuit and no swim skins. I looked in the athlete guide and it talks about certain fibers being ok (nylon and lycra). I'm looking at the Roka Viper Elite and it says it is USAT and WTC legal, but the suit contains a teflon repellant. Is that suit going to be ok for the race?
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Skin for Ironman Chatt. [PandP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. As said before, in a non-wetsuit swim you can't wear anything below the knees or beyond the elbows. The other piece is thickness and material of what you wear and swim skins are made to be legal for those situations, all they do is make water move more efficiently around the body. I also did chatt two years ago, they never said that. Maybe they warned about also not wearing Sim Shorts which is a popular cheat (whether intentional or not, still a cheat) but swim skins are OK.

Side note, you should read the athlete guide and rules of all races you do because these questions are easily answered by those. Along with that, there is much more pertinent information that will help you become a better and more considerate racer.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Skin for Ironman Chatt. [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the information. The material of the swim skin section of the athlete guide was confusing me and I wanted to make sure before they told me to take it off race morning when i'm jumping in. Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a swimskin for Muncie and Choo last year...didn't even get to swim at Choo! Hopefully you get the full day and a cool afternoon. I nearly melted on that run/walk I did on the hills. That's got to be one of the hardest run courses on the circuit. The bike course is fast though, enjoy!

Blog: https://davidkoppeltriathlon.blogspot.com/
Coaching: https://dkendurance.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Skin for Ironman Chatt. [DKMNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doubtful on the cool afternoon. It’s been hot last 3 years but we can hope for a cool front
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Skin for Ironman Chatt. [TrierinKC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn’t know the PointZero 3 an 3+ are legal still for non WTC events...those are some fast suits
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Skin for Ironman Chatt. [TrierinKC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Skin for Ironman Chatt. [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weather is not lookin good......10 day forecast is predicting a high of 92-94 degrees and 50'ish % humidity depending on what website you believe. Dew point will be about 64 and that kind of sucks not bad but not good either. MOP will be starting a marathon in the hottest part of the day. It will suck especially if you are from cooler areas. There will be a lot of walking up the hills.

Hope for a overcast sky
Last edited by: Scottxs: Sep 19, 19 9:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a general plug here, if any of you reading this are 130lbs and under, I have some Tyr swim skins for under a 100 bucks, brand new in the box!!(few year old models)
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Skin for Ironman Chatt. [DKMNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it looks like we are going to melt again. High for the race is 95 which will feel like 97 at 4:00PM with the humidity. Right in the middle of the marathon.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Skin for Ironman Chatt. [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can’t wait /pink

looks like a scorcher. I feel bad for people who aren’t used to training in the heat.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Skin for Ironman Chatt. [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s been a dry, hot summer here in the Chattanooga area this summer. High predicted on race day is currently 96. Lack of rain means a slower swim with low currents and the run will be a total meltdown with high heat and humidity. No rain in the forecast between now and race day. Plan accordingly racers!
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Skin for Ironman Chatt. [r-b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to hijack this thread and ask what the deal is with spectators and the bridges, anyone know? It looks as if pedestrians can cross the veterans bridge, but not the pedestrian bridge?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Skin for Ironman Chatt. [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To my knowledge they can cross the pedestrian bridge unless it’s changes since I’ve raced there the half they could earlier this year as well as when I did the full in 2017.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Skin for Ironman Chatt. [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spectators are allowed on the pedestrian bridge.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Skin for Ironman Chatt. [r-b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r-b wrote:
Spectators are allowed on the pedestrian bridge.

Cool, thanks guys.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply