Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Need a target 70.3 race for early next year [rbd32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming you'll be flying - what about heading East rather than West - to a European race such as Marbella or Mallorca?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RaceDateRace Registration for 2Airfare for 2Hotel (5 nights)Car Rental (5 days)Baggage (with 2 bikes)Total

Puerto Rico 70.3 - 3/15/20 $750.00 $600.00 $800.00 $160.00 $200.00 $2,510.00

Florida 70.3 - 4/19/202 $550.00 $400.00 $630.00 $275.00 $200.00 $2,055.00

Marbella 70.3 - 4/26/20 $630.00 $1,674.00 $900.00 $180.00 $400.00 $3,784.00
Last edited by: LifeTri: Sep 17, 19 12:41
Quote Reply
Re: Need a target 70.3 race for early next year [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
I've never been there but if you want a cheap flight, I highly recommend signing up for Scotts Cheap Flights. There is a free and paid option (which is cheap) but we get sent deals to Puerto Rico all the time. Looking back to July, we got sent a deal from most major US cities for $300 or less round trip including $240 nonstop roundtrip from Philly. If you're going to be flying with your bike just limit yourself to the companies that are treating bikes like luggage as it'll save you a pretty good amount (American, Delta, maybe others?). Keep an eye on Slowman's travel series he's putting out now including the article on the front page.

Thanks for the suggestions, will definitely sign up for Scott’s cheap flights. Thanks for the tip about the airlines too...good to know.
Quote Reply
Re: Need a target 70.3 race for early next year [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeremyebrock wrote:
Can you travel? IM Punta Del Este is Mar 29, 2020, and it’s apparently one of the fastest 70.3 races so could be fun

Wow that looks like an amazing location for a race. Might be a little far this year but maybe in the future. Thanks for the suggestion.
Quote Reply
Re: Need a target 70.3 race for early next year [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
RaceDateRace Registration for 2Airfare for 2Hotel (5 nights)Car Rental (5 days)Baggage (with 2 bikes)Total

How did you like Marbella 70.3?? That one is on my radar for the future. Looks like an awesome SBR course!

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d love to do it. Interesting location!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You’ve got to consider Wildflower in CA, just an entirely different experience from the IM 70.3 circuit.

Tim Russell, Pro Triathlete

Instagram- @timbikerun
Quote Reply
Re: Need a target 70.3 race for early next year [Timbikerun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timbikerun wrote:
You’ve got to consider Wildflower in CA, just an entirely different experience from the IM 70.3 circuit.

Damn, that looks so awesome! Will definitely keep an eye on this and flight prices. Thanks for the suggestion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:

Ouch. Are those figures through one of those Tri travel companies?

For reference - this was what I paid for Mallorca 70.3 this year. (May)

Race entry - umm cant remember...
Bike Bag hire (1 week) ÂŁ30
Airport Parking ÂŁ50
Flights ÂŁ75 each (Easyjet)
Bike ÂŁ84 (yes, the bike's ticket was more than mine!)
Transfers ÂŁ48 (2 people + 2 suitcases + 1 bike)
Hotel - ÂŁ155 each (5 nights bed & breakfast).

All in all - if you take spending money out of the equation, but include race fee's - I got change out of ÂŁ1000 (for 2 people). Obviously there'll be a big difference in flight costs

I've tried to break it down as much as possible - 5 nights holiday was just shy of ÂŁ1500 for a group of 6 (4 adults + 2 teenagers), with the race costs on top of that.
Quote Reply
Re: Need a target 70.3 race for early next year [p9ul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I broke down the costs of all three races should I choose to race them with my wife in 2020. I have not raced any of these. I may have overlooked so costs and overlooked some good deals. I did not go through any Tri Tavel companies. I honestly didn’t know they existed and I would like to learn more about them.

I used the Internet to find the best “value” from my perspective when traveling from Philadelphia.

I prioritized races with extra Women For Tri slots to worlds as my wife would like to qualify, and race with me, in New Zealand next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
. I did not go through any Tri Tavel companies. I honestly didn’t know they existed and I would like to learn more about them. .

Google "Ken Glah's Endurance Sports Travel". I have never used them but have friends that swear by them. If I was to do an international race (IM or IM 70.3), I would definitely consider them for the peace of mind.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Need a target 70.3 race for early next year [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
LifeTri wrote:
. I did not go through any Tri Tavel companies. I honestly didn’t know they existed and I would like to learn more about them. .

Google "Ken Glah's Endurance Sports Travel". I have never used them but have friends that swear by them. If I was to do an international race (IM or IM 70.3), I would definitely consider them for the peace of mind.

Holy guacamole, Batman. Very expensive...
Quote Reply

Prev Next