Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P2 power meter compatability
Quote | Reply
I have a 2015 P2, and I am looking at either the Stages or 4iiii power meter. I am 2mm short of recommended clearance on the non drive side.

Is it as easy as a 2mm spacer in the crank arm? I'm pretty adaptable to change, but I just am not sure if it's this easy to make it work.

Thanks!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 power meter compatability [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
I have a 2015 P2, and I am looking at either the Stages or 4iiii power meter. I am 2mm short of recommended clearance on the non drive side.

Is it as easy as a 2mm spacer in the crank arm? I'm pretty adaptable to change, but I just am not sure if it's this easy to make it work.

Thanks!

Which crankset? I have 2015 P2. I previously had the FSA crankset that came with it and used a stages PM on it with no issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 power meter compatability [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
dfru wrote:

Thanks!

Which crankset? I have 2015 P2. I previously had the FSA crankset that came with it and used a stages PM on it with no issues.

I have an Ultegra 6800, 165mm crank.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah okay. That may be the difference then
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 power meter compatability [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it's a little tight. I just want to make sure that it's as easy as putting the 2.5mm spacer available on the non drive side. Fingers crossed.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Yeah, it's a little tight. I just want to make sure that it's as easy as putting the 2.5mm spacer available on the non drive side. Fingers crossed.

Did you ever try this out? Curious as I am in the same boat.

Thanks,
Bryan
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 power meter compatability [BJones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did - actually only used a 1 mm spacer - could try another but it's working well! I'm super pleased with the 4iiii PM so far.

Knee is coming around too - so it's looking like it could be a productive fall!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had the same dilemma regarding clearance. Went with Power Tap P2 pedals, which you can swap out on all your bikes. You can use Keo cleats, if you don’t want to purchase Power Tap cleats. The pedals sync with Garmin and we have had no issues. AAA lithium batteries usually require a swap about every 6-8 weeks.
Just throwing out that idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 power meter compatability [thomtwg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really love my speedplays, which was why I was trying to find another fix. Although that got really interesting this week too!

The 4iiii seems outstanding so far though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m sure you will find the best solution. Best of luck.
Quote Reply