Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pumps for disc wheels race morning
Quote | Reply
I haven’t raced with a disc wheel before. I have disc cover for my next race. Do the mechanics in IM transition have pump adapters to fit disc wheels/covers? Or do people bring their own adapters or pumps? In the past without a disc cover I just borrow somebody’s pump or go to mechanic in transition.
Quote Reply
Re: Pumps for disc wheels race morning [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bring your own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always bring my own pump and adapter. Makes things a lot easier, and less stressful if you can't find something that works for your setup.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Pumps for disc wheels race morning [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a couple of those at home. ALway have an extra in handy. Based on my experience, all the mechanics and bike tents had a crack pipe, so you can take your bike there and pump because they won't let you take it with you and bring it back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always bring my pump with Silca Hiro chuck... even with races that specifically disallow bringing your own pump.
I don't leave the pump in transition though. Return it to my car (good warm up jog), or put in T2 bag if it's a split transition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bring a fumpa pump.
Quote Reply
Re: Pumps for disc wheels race morning [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably what I will do. parking is close to transition so shouldn’t be a big deal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This Ryobi inflator combined with the Silca disc adapter has done ALL of my wheel inflating for the last two years. Disc wheel to cyclocross to fat bike. Just push it on and hold the button. It fits in my checked bag at races that it's not realistic to go back to the car.

https://www.homedepot.com/...-Only-P737/206159256
Quote Reply
Re: Pumps for disc wheels race morning [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how do you like the Fumpa? can it fit inside openings for disc wheels?
Quote Reply