Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s targeted at the XC crowd who don’t need a lot of travel and are torn between a hard tail for climbing and a full squish.

You could always take off the knock block system if that’s your preference, but it seems like a decent system with only a small weight penalty.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
It’s targeted at the XC crowd who don’t need a lot of travel and are torn between a hard tail for climbing and a full squish.

You could always take off the knock block system if that’s your preference, but it seems like a decent system with only a small weight penalty.

I have a Fuel Ex with Knock Block. The system itself doesn’t add much weight but the knock block compatible stems are boat anchors. Without knock block that downtube will get whacked by a fork crown because of its design.

Scalpel, Lux, and others in the 100/100 XC category weigh 100 grams more for 50mm more travel and that’s before you account for the knock block penalty.

tl;dr pointless bike.
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This ad is in my shop wiping up the floor with the Cervelo ad.
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocket_racing wrote:
Awesome advert ...

... That could easily be edited into 4 or 5 :30s

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

I have a Fuel Ex with Knock Block. The system itself doesn’t add much weight but the knock block compatible stems are boat anchors. Without knock block that downtube will get whacked by a fork crown because of its design.

Scalpel, Lux, and others in the 100/100 XC category weigh 100 grams more for 50mm more travel and that’s before you account for the knock block penalty.

tl;dr pointless bike.

No, you’re just missing the point of it. It’s not aimed at people who want a 100mm full suspension xc bike. They have one of those, the top fuel.

This is for the people who want just a little more give than s hardtail. That’s what the ad is getting across.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I liked mvdp better. Cervelo advert was meh.

They should have played up the roadie and triathlete thing to show both the tt and tri versions at the same time. Like a little cheeky pass by a famous TT’er.
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got to see this bike up close and personal over the weekend in Snowshoe. Not Jolanda's actual bike. But what they said was a "production model". They were giving test rides but there was bunch of people there and I didn't wait around. I talked to a couple people who rode it and they came away underwhelmed as well. One guy compared it to an El Camino. Combination of two things but has all the drawbacks and none of the positives. I guess if you are an XC racer and want just a little bit of something in the back to take the edge off and the course is not too rough, it would be okay. Personally when I watched Jolanda in the rocky and rooty sections of the course it looked like it bottomed out very easily and wasn't really doing much.
Last edited by: chadtrent: Sep 9, 19 7:38
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [chadtrent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chadtrent wrote:
I guess if you are an XC racer and want just a little bit of something in the back to take the edge off and the course is not too rough, it would be okay. .

Isn't that exactly what Trek intended when they designed it? It only has 20mm less travel than my old Giant NRS, which I find has plenty of travel for what I need. 60mm travel on a 29er would be fine.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably. I don't think it was enough on the track yesterday though. It wouldn't be enough for me. But naturally I've never been a world class XC racer so...
Quote Reply
Re: tri-bike, shmi-bike. Best bike ad ever (featuring Jolanda Neff) [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
No Emily Batty :(
I'm guessing Trek is dropping her, as she is not mentioning this bike (or Trek at all) on social media.
Quote Reply

Prev Next