Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: etap 1x setup for a tri bike
Quote | Reply
Thinking about converting a old frame to 1x etap.

Something barebones - derailleur and shifter - medium or large derailleur please
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: etap 1x setup for a tri bike [tectweaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can’t really do bare bones... you need the rear derailleur, a blip box, and unless you plan to mount the blip box where you can use it to control the derailleur, you also need a pair of blips. The only difference between 2x and 1x ETap is the front derailleur
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: etap 1x setup for a tri bike [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just explained how you can, in fact, do bare bones. I have a blip box and RD. Cost me approx. $375 total and both products were new. OP may not find it that cheap but you can certainly limit yourself to the parts you requested in your posting. I’m assuming OP already knows this but just confirming for him-he is on the right track if he wants to be budget conscious and avoid wires altogether—both of which were a win for me.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: etap 1x setup for a tri bike [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
You just explained how you can, in fact, do bare bones. I have a blip box and RD. Cost me approx. $375 total and both products were new. OP may not find it that cheap but you can certainly limit yourself to the parts you requested in your posting. I’m assuming OP already knows this but just confirming for him-he is on the right track if he wants to be budget conscious and avoid wires altogether—both of which were a win for me.

You’re reading more into the OP’s post than I did. I assumed he’s starting from scratch, otherwise he wouldn’t have mentioned a shifter, instead would’ve asked about a blip box.

You’re right, assuming you already have a battery charger, you can make do with a blip box and RD. It just requires a bit of ingenuity re: where you mount the blip box, so it can serve as a stand alone shifter. FWIW, once you’ve done that, the only difference between 2x and 1x is the front derailleur. Just like I said before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 1x tri setup
1 pair blips
1 pair clics
blip box
rear der w/ battery
charger
and USB firmware update dongle

I was thinking $700 shipped would be a fair price (paypal gift/venmo) or add 3% for fees.

Cheers,
Matt
(Columbus, OH)
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: etap 1x setup for a tri bike [czarneckiosu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still looking for a minimal setup. Thank you all for the tips.

I need a blip box: charger and a medium size rear derailleur.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a WiFli medium cage RD, blip box, battery, charger...like new. Just installed and ridden once...

$600 and you pay shipping...
Quote Reply