Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally drug my 56 cm IA16 out for this year. It looks like the servo on the front will be hard pressed to tuck in under the lower seatstays. Decent chance I'll get a 2x set and if it doesn't fit the tri bike, I'll move it to the road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any update on the progress on these?
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will follow up and reply later
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm interested in your follow up. like i said before, i have the original xshifter and think it is perfect for my application (S&S coupler bike.) i'd be looking for a backup, although a little wary because this price is almost too good to be true.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any follow up on this? looks like presale ends june 30th. i'm still on the fence, but $100 for a 1x kit is pretty tempting.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes pricing is real because he cut out the middle men. it's legit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone who placed a pre-order awhile back, I received an email update. I won't reproduce it here, but pre-order pricing does end 6-30. There were updates on various elements of the system, production photos of some of the various parts, and a release sequence for each part of the system as well as the software app (Android for now, iOS later).

As I anticipated, supply chain issues have affected them like everyone else, so there will be a delay in shipping. And there have been some design changes since the original website launch. One is that the BlakBullet hub is claimed to fit inside a 7/8" bar. If true, that opens up possibilities for mounting/installation. We'll see.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [TMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I pre ordered today, I hope I did not make any major mistake in the adapter, took the straight M6 0.75mm for a red 11s groupset. Given the price, also took a couple of textra bit buttons, extras batteries and cables.

Comments on facebook are scary but what I expected, I'll trust the comments seen here.
Last edited by: strangename: Jun 30, 22 7:43
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [strangename] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i also ordered a 1x and 2x set. i'm expecting shipping delays, so not surprising. as i mentioned before, i have 3 xshifters in use, so it's not vaporware. it's more a matter if they can complete production and ship, which didn't happen smoothly a few years ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brave moves!

Given the many unhappy people's comments on his last project:
https://www.kickstarter.com/...s-smart-shi/comments

I will wait for some real customer deliveries and feedback on the product.

Hopefully I will be surprised and regret not being aware of this product before today and missing the $100 1x deal.

In case you have purchased and it goes to crap, remember credit card chargeback/disputed transactions are your comeback (time limits may apply).
Last edited by: Eshift: Jul 21, 22 15:37
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... back on topic...

Do you have a link to that 12sp cassette? I'm looking for a TT cassette with overall narrow range, something like 11tooth-23, but without requiring the new microspline freehub and allowing the use of my new 11sp disk disc.

Also, I now have Archer on my TT bike using their dfr remote shift buttons on my extensions.

My downtube won't accommodate the dx1 trail unit, but I think it's ok from an aero point of view given the dirty air off the chain set and feet along with it being inline with the cassette right behind it.

My main goal now is aero position testing for Age Group TT Nationals.

With Archer, I can reuse my (beautiful sec gen 10sp Force) rear derailleur and be completely cable free to the aerobars. Front end changes to reach, stack and aerobar angle is now easy, plus no mechanical shifters using up precious lenght and height.

Early days, but I think I'm going to really like the Archer electric shifting going forward. It works sweet and is super simple to setup.

edited for typos.

Last edited by: jasonmac: Jul 27, 22 22:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the NXSWireless has furher delays. 2nd time that they have send out a email 3 days before they were due to begin shipping.

1st time was 28th June (supposed to ship out on 1st July) and yesterday email was to inform that it will be further delayed as operations has moved from Philippines to Thailand. I've posted a message earlier yesterday but for some reasons it wasn't post to the forum.
Last edited by: AncientOne: Jul 28, 22 7:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We informed our customers that shipping would begin about the end of July. That schedule has slipped a few weeks despite our best efforts. We want to assure all current and potential customers that this product is definitely going to be released soon. But due to some conditions out of our control, we have suffered some setbacks.
In February, we moved the company from Taiwan to the Philippines. At the time, and given the current global situation, we felt that was the best location for our assembly and distribution. However, we have been blocked and delayed at every step. Currently, importing and exporting in the Philippines is extremely risky. We suffered many significant delays and losses. Expensive components often “disappear” without a trace. We could not continue with such risks.
So finally, we made the decision to pull the company out of the Philippines completely, and are currently in the process of setting up the assembly operation in Thailand. This was a very difficult decision to make, because we knew it would result in more delays. But it was a higher risk to stay where we were. This requires us to spend a lot of time and money moving everything. Many things have to be scrapped and re-purchased due to shipping issues. Most of the components and equipment has already arrived. If anyone is in Thailand, You are more than welcome to come visit us.
Many people may be concerned that they were scammed, cheated, etc. We’ve had people say the product is too good to be true. This is not the case. You are free to ask for a refund and we will process quickly. We have done so for many customers already. All payments have been accepted through Stripe, which is safe and secure. We have been a little slow to answer some customer questions due to our strained resources at the moment. We will be caught up soon.
Our goal and belief is that the NXS system will become the dominant wireless system on bikes within the next 2 years. Every bike aficionado we have shown the product to has the same feeling. It is the most exciting product in years. These small setbacks are very disappointing to us, but that will not deter us from our goal.
Within 2 weeks, fully functional first production systems will be sent to a few select distributors. Shortly after, we will begin assembly of the first production batch.

Again, we are deeply sorry for these delays. We are doing absolutely everything within our power to get back on track. We are in no danger of failure, just taking a little longer than we planned.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [AncientOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not know why, but I have not received any of those update emails.

I wonder why they waited so long to update the customers, it is more than "a few weeks delay" by my understanding of "currently in the process of setting up the assembly operation in Thailand".
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [strangename] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
strangename wrote:

I wonder why they waited so long to update the customers, it is more than "a few weeks delay" by my understanding of "currently in the process of setting up the assembly operation in Thailand".

Same trick used a few years back.

From April 2020:
"I have to laugh, as a quick run over to his Kickstarter STILL shows him shipping excuses of supply issues, logistical issues, shipping issues, partnership issues, financial issues, and every other type of excuse one could make while backers have waited 2-3 years for their units. But let’s be honest...who wants to hear about manufacturer financial issues when they’re shipping customers and backers excuses instead of product?" source: https://www.mtbr.com/...ughts.1061468/page-6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
strangename wrote:

1st email updated was send around 28th June. Remember they were supposed to ship out on 1st July (which was itself already delay from their initial 1st June date).
In their update, they cliam that they " are almost ready to begin mass production and shipping of the most exciting new product in cycling, the NXS wireless system."

This suggests that they should have the parts and components ready but based on the meta-data of the photos on the email, it appears that those photos they used in the email was actually from China and sent via Wechat, not taken locally. Meaning they weren't really ready yet.

Why No video ? "We get asked this a lot. Its very simple. The Quantum shifter is pretty boring. Its just a small black box. And, we had been waiting for final production housings and other things. The pre-production parts are ugly. They don't have any texture applied, don't have graphics, etc. We don't want to put ugly product on a video. And, the Android APP was still loaded with debugging messages, so we can't show that. We promise videos are coming very soon."

Would anybody that works on bicycle consider a shifter and derailuer as boring ? So 1 paragraph earlier they cliam that it's ready for mass production (most of us interpret that as assembly) and shipping, and here, they are waiting for "production housing and other things".

Anybody who has done app development would know that debugging messages are turn on and off by a simple "flag" on the compiler. 1 mins if you know what you are doing, and maybe 5 more mins waiting for compiler to do it's job.

Demo Video ? "We will be sending a video demonstration of the APP setting up the Quantum shifter within the next few days. We will show the process for setting up the system, adding components, mapping pods, and setting the rear shifting pattern."

Remember this was dated 28th June 2022. So it's been more than 1 month, no exactly "a few days".

Bad News "We expect shipments to begin toward end of July. This will be the 1X systems with BIT buttons. Followed by Shifty, 2X systems and finally the Dropperator. There are no significant technical problems to solve. This is mainly a supply chain issue, that we cannot control."

As someone running my own business, I'm familiar with China COVID19 supply chain issues, but that would be at most a 2 weeks delay instead of a more than 1 month + delay, and of course it is now August with no demo video, no real or known delivery to any customers.

NOW, on to the 28th July update . "In February, we moved the company from Taiwan to the Philippines. At the time, and given the current global situation, we felt that was the best location for our assembly and distribution. However, we have been blocked and delayed at every step. Currently, importing and exporting in the Philippines is extremely risky. We suffered many significant delays and losses. Expensive components often “disappear” without a trace. We could not continue with such risks.
So finally, we made the decision to pull the company out of the Philippines completely, and are currently in the process of setting up the assembly operation in Thailand. "
If they use a decent courier, I don't see how importing and exporting to Philippines is of any greater risk. I expect the next update to say that the process of moving the assembly operation was more expensive, complex and time consuming than expected, and therefore there are further delays. When they send out the email on 28th June, was the plan to shift operations to Thailand already in place ?

Site visit anybody ? "Most of the components and equipment has already arrived. If anyone is in Thailand, You are more than welcome to come visit us."

I'm willing to volunteer to do this on the week after next but clearly there was no address provided, and Thailand is a big country. Some members here said they know the developer/owner, if so, if you can arrange it, let me know.

Safety ? "All payments have been accepted through Stripe, which is safe and secure. "

I suspect that Stripe doesn't provides for the security of our payment in the event of "business dispute".

Production again (this is from the email dated 28th July) ? "Within 2 weeks, fully functional first production systems will be sent to a few select distributors. Shortly after, we will begin assembly of the first production batch."

How did "selected distributor" get into the queue. Soooo... they have not begin assembly of production batch.

Oh well, so much for giving the guy the benefits of the doubth and 2nd chance...
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [AncientOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AncientOne wrote:

Remember this was dated 28th June 2022. So it's been more than 1 month, no exactly "a few days".

Bad News "We expect shipments to begin toward end of July. This will be the 1X systems with BIT buttons. Followed by Shifty, 2X systems and finally the Dropperator. There are no significant technical problems to solve. This is mainly a supply chain issue, that we cannot control."

Looks like his story isn't even consistent. His website shipping update is the opposite of the email you quoted.

"Quantum 1X kits with the Shifty buttons scheduled to begin shipping on about July 30. 1X kits with BIT buttons, August 10."
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [Eshift] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eshift wrote:
AncientOne wrote:

Looks like his story isn't even consistent. His website shipping update is the opposite of the email you quoted.

"Quantum 1X kits with the Shifty buttons scheduled to begin shipping on about July 30. 1X kits with BIT buttons, August 10."

Yes, many inconsistency. Their Facebook page stated that the 1x will begin shipping 1st June. It has slipped 2 months thus far with no end in sight. I sincerely hope that they are successful but I'm not optimistic as the company is run like a 1 man show with decisions made without any long term considerations. For example, they have stated that they will ship "samples" to distributor before shipping to fulfilling Pre-sales orders, so that sounds somewhat like what happens with the Kickstarter, where they deprioritize folks who has supported and paid up.

I suspect that they planned the shift to Thailand much earlier (if it's real), probably before the 1st email update on 28th June. So it would suggest to me that they deliberately timed the updates just days before the "scheduled shipping dates" to drag it out. Sad really that they didn't think much of the second chance given to them .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can we get this tread back on track.

Archer is a different company that makes a different product. Perhaps start another thread about Xshifter or Cell cycling.

Anyone have current feedback on the Archer system?
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [AG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AG wrote:
Can we get this tread back on track.

Archer is a different company that makes a different product. Perhaps start another thread about Xshifter or Cell cycling.

Anyone have current feedback on the Archer system?

Archer is a great product. Go for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [AG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, just scroll up to post 112 (I think). The off topic idjiots have their own x-something thread now.

Since my post and installing Archer, I've been mostly erg-mode on the trainer. But, it works great when I've used it.

Couple of items to be aware of.

For me, the under BB frame opening isn't large enough to install the dx1 trail in the down tube. I'm fine with that and have mounted on the chain stay. I'm not sure there's really much aero penalty (see my post above).

You need to turn it on. Button on the dx1 trail and MFR (a 'blip box') to turn it on. Just remember before riding.

For a tidy install you might want to custom wire your shifters or customise the factory MFR shift buttons. Basically, they may not route into your areobar extensions. I'll customise later and have them 'temp' installed now while working on/testing position. My custom shifters will include basebar and aerobar shifting.

Hope that's a help.

chur

Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [jasonmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jasonmac wrote:
Yup, just scroll up to post 112 (I think). The off topic idjiots have their own x-something thread now.

blah blah blah

chur

Off-topic but Wow, and you are entirely comfortable insulting folks here without repercussion.
Quote Reply
Re: Archer D1x - Universal wireless 1x shifting for $359 [jasonmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did not follow the complete story and thought NXS was the new iteration of Archer D1X.

My bad, but calling people idiots doesn't bother you at all ? Wow.
Quote Reply

Prev Next