Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What do you eat for breakfast IM morning. [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good points, it definitely is harder to pack in the calories after a full carb load and can get risky with bathroom breaks unless you have it ironed out really well...

I remember reading an interview with Jan where he said he likes to eat a very fat-heavy diet in the lead-up to a race, I believe he mentioned pizza in particular. I’ve always wanted to know more about how dietary fat taken in within a day or less of a race is metabolized compared to body fat if at all, but that’s probably starting to get off topic.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you eat for breakfast IM morning. [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:

Does anyone eschew a real carb load pre-IM? I've always done it, partly because I like to eat so much, but honestly it makes me feel wonky just because it ends up being so much more food and different than my typical diet.

Also . . . does anyone like french fries as a pre-race (not breakfast) food? I realize there's a ton of fat, but also carbs and salt. I've had them with lunch my last couple IMs, seemed ok.

I never carb load for any race. Eat normally... don't mess with your body.

My best iron distance ever in Germany I ate a modest meal of bratwurst, sauerkraut and potatoes at about 5pm the day before.
However, too much fatty food can really mess me up on race day.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you eat for breakfast IM morning. [Scotthb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scotthb wrote:
I
8 oz Low Fat Pringles
1 Bowl Chili
2 TBSP Chia Seeds
½ Pomegranate

Scared of fat in Pringles? They replaced that fat with transfat (monoglycerides)

Anyways, would be interesting if everyone went back and put in their post their resulting 140.6 time.

Me: 40g dark Chocolate and black coffee.... Last night's dinner being enough fuel. (Double hamburger with Avo, bacon, blue cheese)

Time: 10:54
Age 33
Last edited by: synthetic: Aug 30, 19 8:52
Quote Reply
Re: What do you eat for breakfast IM morning. [Scotthb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only if you promise to draft me, the closer the better.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you eat for breakfast IM morning. [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want to get technical then age is part of the equation.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you eat for breakfast IM morning. [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

Anyways, would be interesting if everyone went back and put in their post their resulting 140.6 time.

Me: 40g dark Chocolate and black coffee.... Last night's dinner being enough fuel. (Double hamburger with Avo, bacon, blue cheese)

Time: 10:54

2 sleeves of chocolate chip Pop Tarts plus 20 ounces of Mountain Dew.

9:56

37 years 11 months (USAT 38)
Last edited by: kbd: Aug 29, 19 16:37
Quote Reply
Re: What do you eat for breakfast IM morning. [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I eat people with sucky bike fits and gator skins for breakfast.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you eat for breakfast IM morning. [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d like to say chocolate cake but the real answer is 2 coffees, toast and banana.
Quote Reply

Prev Next