Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: School me on vehicle bike racks [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Anybody have a recommendation for a good one for three bikes that also is pretty light? I've got a steel Yakima or Thule (can't remember off the top of my head) and the thing weighs a ton just empty. I sometimes have to leave it on for long periods of time and it makes my Xterra sag a little in the back.

I have sold a few people on the Yakima Dr. Tray. It's about the lightest 2" rack out there, but heavy duty. You would just add the +1 and have yourself a nice triple. If you have a USA Cycling or IMBA membership, you can get 40% off.

Do the straps accomodate deep wheels? All the pics mainly show mountain bikes. The straps don't seem very long. Not hating on mountain bikes, I have 2 myself. Just want to make sure I make the right choice.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on vehicle bike racks [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
I've got a Kuat Sherpa 2.0. Love it as it's very light and easy to take on and off and move around the garage.

Looks like it's only 32 pounds? That's pretty light. And actually looks nice on a car.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on vehicle bike racks [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chan wrote:
dangle wrote:
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Anybody have a recommendation for a good one for three bikes that also is pretty light? I've got a steel Yakima or Thule (can't remember off the top of my head) and the thing weighs a ton just empty. I sometimes have to leave it on for long periods of time and it makes my Xterra sag a little in the back.

I have sold a few people on the Yakima Dr. Tray. It's about the lightest 2" rack out there, but heavy duty. You would just add the +1 and have yourself a nice triple. If you have a USA Cycling or IMBA membership, you can get 40% off.

Do the straps accomodate deep wheels? All the pics mainly show mountain bikes. The straps don't seem very long. Not hating on mountain bikes, I have 2 myself. Just want to make sure I make the right choice.

Oh yeah. My fat bike tires are 4.8" and there's a few clicks left. My deepest wheels are 85 mm and there is lots of strap left over.

It's the rack we use when hauling 3 fat bikes several hours for events. It's also easy and light enough to pop off the vehicle when I won't use it for a few weeks. The guy that borrowed it last went out and bought his own the next week.
Last edited by: dangle: Aug 29, 19 7:36
Quote Reply

Prev Next