Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Conflicting Tire Pressure Recs from Trusted Sources
Quote | Reply
So I was going to revisit what tire pressures I run just to make sure I'm still following best practices, and I find that the information out there seems to be highly conflicting.

Here is Roval's recommendation (I run a Roval CLX 64 front wheel)

Here is HED's recommendation (I run a Jet Disc Plus on the rear)

My 23c GP5000 tire measure 26mm at 85 psi on my front wheel. Roval does not say if it's chart is for measured or labeled tire widths, but it would recommend >107psi if labeled, 89 if measured. HED's chart is for labeled width so they recommend 72 psi. Quite a huge difference! What is one to do? They cannot both be right.

From Silca's website, I cannot find a chart with enough data to really select a pressure given tire width and rider weight, but there is this, which seems to suggest even higher pressures than roval, but we do not know rider weight:

Here's a chart from Flo (They apparently got it from TomA) which I'm pretty certain refers to measured width and recommends about the same as roval, ~90.

My inclination is to go with the Flo(TomA)/Roval recommendations since they agree, and Tom does a solid job in this testing.

Is there a better source that I am missing?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Aug 28, 19 8:42
Quote Reply