Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Mandalorian [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
Quote:
Mandalorian is not a very good show. C

What? By what metric. It has won like multiple emmys. Has high marks by all reviewers. Literally nominated for best tv drama series. It had the top 5 Emmy nominations last year.

But what metric is it not a great show(not merely good).

Having seen some of the mandolarian, I think it is overall pretty decent.

But, that said, some of the techniques used to create the show are simply unreal in how clever and effective they are. These totally new and cutting edge techniques will be used in nearly all big budget movies moving forward. Especially the filmmakers innovation creation of the special set that they have called, 'The Volume'.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The Mandalorian [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Endo wrote:

You are just making stuff up now by adding in conspiracy stuff that is not there or said.

From the article, Here’s what Carano wrote:

Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different than hating someone for their political views?

I certainly am not going to die on a hill defending this or her, I'm just tired of all the cancel culture over stupid shit....that's my real beef.

I am not making anything up.

She wasn't fired for just that tweet. This was the last straw. She's been tweeting covid hoax bullshit, election stealing bullshit, conspiracy garbage for over a year now. She's your typical Trump cultist.

They were done with her and they used this tweet as the excuse.

It's a big meh from me.
And that is the problem with cancel culture. Plenty of celebs say all kinds of stupid political stuff. Her stuff was just right-wing so she gets cancelled. She didn't say anything in any of her tweets that was overtly offensive. Jenny McCarthy and Nick Canon are still on Masked Singer and Nick's comments are far worse than Carano's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
I think historians have said there are similarities between cages at the boarder and concentration camps. So there are at least some historians making that same point.

But back to mandelorian. I really hope that the next part takes Ashoka and Sabin wren (previously holder of the dark saber) on their quest to find eserra Bridger.

Wren could also help being the mechanic on the razor crest seeing how it falls apart all the time. Without bringing wren back in (huge player in mandelor) I don’t know the point of bringing back Ashoka (her roll could have been played by any Jedi).
I thought I read that Ashoka is going to get her own spin-off
Quote Reply
Re: The Mandalorian [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to see more Timothy Olyphant, ha.
Quote Reply
Re: The Mandalorian [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We can argue whether a show could do more. Every single show will get this critique.

There is zero room to say that it isn’t a good show. There are many shows that I don’t particularly care for or are not my style. But that doesn’t mean they are not good shows.

I didn’t like curb your enthusiasm, breaking bad or mad men. No one could sanely say they were not good shows.

Well it looks like the search for Ezra was the point in bringing in Ashoka
Last edited by: sosayusall: Feb 11, 21 12:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Endo wrote:

You are just making stuff up now by adding in conspiracy stuff that is not there or said.

Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different than hating someone for their political views?

I certainly am not going to die on a hill defending this or her, I'm just tired of all the cancel culture over stupid shit....that's my real beef.

She wasn't fired for just that tweet. This was the last straw. She's been tweeting covid hoax bullshit, election stealing bullshit, conspiracy garbage for over a year now. She's your typical Trump cultist.

It's a big meh from me.

And that is the problem with cancel culture. Plenty of celebs say all kinds of stupid political stuff. Her stuff was just right-wing so she gets cancelled. She didn't say anything in any of her tweets that was overtly offensive. Jenny McCarthy and Nick Canon are still on Masked Singer and Nick's comments are far worse than Carano's.

Jenny McCarthy is a bag of trash, I don't know why anyone would want to work with her. I have no idea who Nick Canon is or what he said,

I am talking about this human wasteland, Carano.

Election steal bullshit isn't "political". Its just bullshit. Anyone peddling that bullshit at this point should be cancelled.

Covid hoax bullshit shouldn't be tolerated.

Her comparison to the holocaust was laughably poor.

She's an embarrassment to the Disney brand and they ditched her. I am surprised it took this long.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you seen the series on disney+ about how exactly the mandolarian was made technically? The way the sets worked and the filming? Those tricks were beyond cool.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Re: The Mandalorian [TMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean they didn't fire her because she sucks as an actress and took away from the story every single time she appeared on the show?

She's awful on screen. Distractingly bad.

She won't be missed except by those snowflakes who have confused "cancel" with "accountability" culture.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: The Mandalorian [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not but I will check it out.

Historically I have disliked all of the Star Wars movies (except for rogue one) but I have liked their cartoons and mandelorian.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should check it out, as the mandalorian was the first series or feature in history to use these techniques.

The tech development means that nearly all films from here on out could potentially be made totally indoors at any time in the day or night (and anywhere in the world) and without the need to build a set. And viewers would never know.

--
Quote Reply
Re: The Mandalorian [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:

Mandalorian is not a very good show. Could have been, but Disney is typically ruining it. And she was not a very good actor anyway in the series.

It's a really stupid comparison given that being Jewish is basically a condition of birth while political views are acquired and can change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Endo wrote:

It's a big meh from me.

Jenny McCarthy has probably done more harm than almost any other celebrity alive with her crazed anti-vaccination crusades. The fact that she’s allowed to work anywhere is a true testament to the hypocrisy of Hollywood.
Quote Reply
Re: The Mandalorian [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EyeRunMD wrote:
Jenny McCarthy has probably done more harm than almost any other celebrity alive with her crazed anti-vaccination crusades. The fact that she’s allowed to work anywhere is a true testament to the hypocrisy of Hollywood.

I don't know about general hypocrisy, but the Masked Singer in question here, is Fox . That Fox - the TV network that hosts Fox News - not the 20th Century Fox studios, which were sold to Disney a couple years ago. I wouldn't consider Fox to be Hollywood. They're based in New York, not sure they have any Hollywood presence.
Quote Reply
Re: The Mandalorian [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
EyeRunMD wrote:

I don't know about general hypocrisy, but the Masked Singer in question here, is Fox . That Fox - the TV network that hosts Fox News - not the 20th Century Fox studios, which were sold to Disney a couple years ago. I wouldn't consider Fox to be Hollywood. They're based in New York, not sure they have any Hollywood presence.

Not just the television show but other entertainment venues. I believe she was hosting a show on SiriusXM, and she apparently has a podcast as well. And the other celebrities on The Masked Singer willingly work with her. No one has shunned her despite her anti-vaccination craziness. Besides the false medical paper, out of the UK, connecting vaccines to autism, McCarthy is probably second in line for the amount of harm done because of her social reach. I believe she even wrote books about it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next