Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for a great aquathlon
Quote | Reply
Hi all. My fiancée is into aquathlon but does not want to bike. So I’m looking for a great aquathlon preferably with an aquabike going on the same time. I want an A race if possible.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a great aquathlon [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Miamiman
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a great aquathlon [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes we were thinking that. Looking for options. My biggest reservation is time of year (we’re in mass and will be training indoors by then, at least in the swim) other than that Miami man is perfect.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also interested in this. It's hard to find any.
BTW, am I the only one who thinks it should be called Aquathon? Aquathlon sounds odd, like you have a bunch of marbles in your mouth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In MA, Sun Multisport has some "Splash and Dash" events as part of their races. They had one as part of the Cranberry TriFest Sprint race this past Saturday. Is it "great"? That's subjective, but it is local and it is a swim-run.

MRA also has one as part their Summer Solstice race. They used to have one as part of their Blackstone Valley Olympic race (.9m swim, 10K run). That was fun!

Otherwise, they are rarer than duathlons.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a great aquathlon [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We’ve done both of those. They’re pretty local races. We were looking bigger like Miami Man. Loved both those races though. I had the good fortune of getting poured in this weekend at the cranberry aquabike.

Quote Reply