Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lotoja tires
Quote | Reply
Signed up to do Lotoja. Just got a new Tarmac SL6, which I love so far, with the tubeless Rovals. Looking for suggestions on tires for the race, which I plan on racing not just riding.

Any other tips for a 200 mile race also appreciated. I've done as much research online and strava stalking as I can but any insights are always welcome.
Quote Reply
Re: Lotoja tires [mkng1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Conti GP5000 TL
or
Schwalbe Pro One TL

*for me* both have been very durable. The GP tends to ride "hard" and the pro one is _very_ supple tho 2w per pair slower than the conti. If rain is in the forecast go with the GP5k

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
done it 6x and signed up again(but not going), always done it on Conti 4000 s II or whatever was lastest version along with latex tubes
never flatted (too early for goatherds)
- are you planning on going tubeless ? can't help
Last edited by: heyMartin: Aug 27, 19 16:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run the tubeless 5000s. They are a great all-around tire. I got a pair in the late-winter/early spring and I still haven't worn them out and I would say the flat resistance is a bit better than a 4000. Sealant in a tubeless tire is a about as good as it gets for avoiding flats.
Quote Reply
Re: Lotoja tires [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Always great to get confirmation. Anxiety runs high heading into A race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year raced it on turbo ctton tubulars. They were fine. This year I'll be on gp5000 tl. Riding roval cl50 on my tarmac sl6, so similar setup.

Are you racing it or riding it. Either way, the roads are good, pick a fast tire and aero bike/wheel if you have the option.

Train hard to Race harder

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Conti GP5000 TL. They are fast rolling and grippy.

Cannondale Slice 08
look keo pedals
fizik k3 arione saddle
Quote Reply