Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Signs of blood doping in 18% of endurance athletes [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, I can totally understand the track and field sprinters 100/200m and middle distance 400/800, 800/mile, mile to 5k meters folks fudging their blood numbers. Careers can be won and lost for a few seconds or partial seconds time difference. Like we discussed in the 4 min mile thread. I know at least 5 guys that were under 4:05 but never got the sub 4. Looking back I wonder if they had the chance to micro dose and bump their hct. up a few points and possibly knocking off a couple seconds if they would have done it? Hmmm?

I can understand pro doping a lot more than a middle aged professional (not in athletics) juicing up to get bragging rights for an age group triathlon performance.
Quote Reply
Re: Signs of blood doping in 18% of endurance athletes [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have vastly underestimated the power of the ego.
Quote Reply
Re: Signs of blood doping in 18% of endurance athletes [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. Just look at your signature.
Quote Reply
Re: Signs of blood doping in 18% of endurance athletes [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:

:) :) :)
Quote Reply
Re: Signs of blood doping in 18% of endurance athletes [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:

LOL
Quote Reply
Re: Signs of blood doping in 18% of endurance athletes [Proutch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
18% Seems spot on with what I would bet is the rate among pro triathletes. Along with other types of doping. Ironman has no incentive to catch anyone as it would only hurt their brand (just like the NFL) so instead they bust someone once a year to make it look like they care and then carry on with business. ITU is a different case but as we've seen with high profile cases, it's pretty easy to cheat a test or get around it somehow. Meanwhile most of the general public and AGers still probably believe the top pros are all clean...
Quote Reply

Prev Next