Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sore glutes from climbing; Saddle, fit, or just weak glutes?
Quote | Reply
I'd like some input from you guys on this one.

Some background: it's already established I have laughably week hips and glutes. I've recently recovered from a running knee injury that was caused by that. I'm still working on building the hip strength. It's better but still not great according to PT.

So last weekend I took my TT bike out for some climbing practice in preparation for 70.3 Nice. If you're familiar with Skyline Drive in SNP,it's got some great 15-25min climbs at a reasonable grade. Great ride and great prep. Not sore or anything.

But yesterday I took the road bike out on the same route. Very early on I got a sore ass, and dealt with it the whole ride. Afterwards as expected it's just completely sore. The soreness is right at the sitbone area, basically it feels like I've been doing a lot of weighted step ups

So my question is do you think it's just my weak muscles? I was also thinking hip angle because it doesn't happen on the tri bike. So move the saddle forward a bit. Well I was in for a fit check up recently and it was moved up (nothing seemed out of the ordinary angle wise but he noticed when I initially sat on the bike I was sitting in front of the saddle which is why he moved it forward), but after a 3 hour ride my penis was numb for hours afterward. Moved the saddle back where it used to be and that issue went away. Or it's simply just the wrong saddle.

Thoughts?

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Last edited by: Ryanppax: Aug 25, 19 7:30
Quote Reply
Re: Sore glutes from climbing; Saddle, fit, or just weak glutes? [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe a bit of all that.

I know when I do long sets of big gear, low cadence workouts on the trainer my glutes will be sore afterwards. You actually have to engage those muscles more with the lower cadence.

Good luck with your PT sessions.
Quote Reply
Re: Sore glutes from climbing; Saddle, fit, or just weak glutes? [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback

The climbs were 95% threshold seated at 96-99 avg cadence. Guess that all culminates to a sore ass

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply