Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone Here Ever Own a QR Hydrofull?
Quote | Reply
I loved this wetsuit (My first). Great fit. Great swim times.

This QR wetsuit is in bad shape now after 11 years and needs replacing. I've made some poor choices in the past attempting to replace it and gotten some too tight models ("Don't worry, it'll stretch after a few swims"). The shoulders on most of the others like the 2XU were just too tight. I'm 6'3", 163.

Any suggestions from former QR Hydrofull owners before I become wetsuit impoverished? What did you replace it with, and have you been just as satisfied?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here Ever Own a QR Hydrofull? [big-w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loved my Hydrofull.

I've swam in B70 Helix 2 different years can't remember which, Nineteen, Huub something and I liked all those.
Also had a Roka something that was meh, Orca 3.8 that didn't play nice with my clavicle plate although I liked the suit and something else that was even less exciting but I can't remember what suit

If I were shopping for a new wetsuit today I'd look at Huub, Blue 70, Aquaman, Zone 3 & sailfish off the top of my head.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big-w wrote:
I loved this wetsuit (My first). Great fit. Great swim times.

This QR wetsuit is in bad shape now after 11 years and needs replacing. I've made some poor choices in the past attempting to replace it and gotten some too tight models ("Don't worry, it'll stretch after a few swims"). The shoulders on most of the others like the 2XU were just too tight. I'm 6'3", 163.

Any suggestions from former QR Hydrofull owners before I become wetsuit impoverished? What did you replace it with, and have you been just as satisfied? Thanks.

i have owned a QR hydrofull, as a matter of fact. what you're looking for is a "performance" fit. companies don't much talk about it these days. wetsuits are made either for a performance fit, that is, to fit the customer you should be, or they're made to fit the customer you are. i'm somewhere in between, most of the time. i would guess you're very similar to jordan rapp in your morphology. QRs, at least back 25 or more years ago, when north of 10,000 hydrofulls a year were getting made and sold, it was a performance fit wetsuit. i find that ROKA, blueseventy, Orca, are pretty good at performance patterns and that's what you need.

i'm sure there are more wetsuits than these that will work for you. we're getting ready to publish in sailfish, ROKA and deboer. i'm currently swimming in a de soto because it's the great fit-almost-anybody wetsuit, because it's a 2-piece wetsuit.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you considered the QR Hydrosix? It’s an amazing suit.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here Ever Own a QR Hydrofull? [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. I know there's a lot of really great suits out there, but it was the cut of the Hydrofull that did it for me.

I think I'll take Dan's advice and look into the B70 and Rokas.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here Ever Own a QR Hydrofull? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, Is the current model QR HydroSix a performance fit?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here Ever Own a QR Hydrofull? [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For sure it is :-)

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here Ever Own a QR Hydrofull? [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
Dan, Is the current model QR HydroSix a performance fit?

i'm not familiar with now QR sizes its wetsuits these days.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply