Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sell as complete bike or parts
Quote | Reply
I have a couple of bike frames and bunch of parts and wheels. I can easily cobble together 2 bikes or sell them individually as framesets and parts. What would normally make it easier to sell - complete bike or parts? Just wondering, if it's easier to sell as parts, it would save me the time and trouble of building up the bikes.

FYI, I haven't listed anything in the classified yet, and will soon. The framesets are Santa Cruz Stigmata and Cervelo C5, and parts are mostly Shimano Ultegra level hydraulic or SRAM Apex hydro. I am just not sure what people who are looking at these framesets and price range would prefer.
Quote Reply
Re: Sell as complete bike or parts [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are like me , when I say I have parts to build a frame into a bike, I really don’t. There is always something missing. Like my last build I needed bar tape and a bottom bracket. So for me I need to factor that additional cost in.

Selling parts and frame separately I’ve done before. The trick there is selling all the parts. If one or two items don’t sell you loose that value.

In the end separating might net you more but it’s tricky and a hassle. Now a days if I have a full bike I sell it that way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is way easier to ship unassembled.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve tried to sell a couple of complete bikes on this forum but always got requests to purchase individual parts from them. Never sold the complete bike...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tried to sell a brand new P5 still in box on this board.

No takers even at $4000

Ended up selling to pros closet for $3500

Maybe would have done better parting it out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are selling on here prepeare yourself for lots of google-able questions, then crickets or offers below a reasonable price.
Quote Reply
Re: Sell as complete bike or parts [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could argue that most of the bikes posted here are asking for an unreasonable price.

Quote Reply
Re: Sell as complete bike or parts [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:
You could argue that most of the bikes posted here are asking for an unreasonable price.

How do you determine the price for used bikes? I am planning on selling my bikes and don´t know for how much to sell them.
Quote Reply