Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which Hoka shoe is similar to the Brooks Adrenaline GTS?
Quote | Reply
Been using Adrenaline's since 2008, thinking of switching to a different stability shoe and am looking into the Hoka's , any suggestions on which Hoka is closest to the Adrenaline in terms of providing mid sole stability?
Quote Reply
Re: Which Hoka shoe is similar to the Brooks Adrenaline GTS? [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arahi. Did you even try to research this on your own first?
Quote Reply
Re: Which Hoka shoe is similar to the Brooks Adrenaline GTS? [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the Arahi.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe Mach, but they'll have a little extra squish.
A little lighter option, and less stability would be Cavu. I find the Cavu is a good switch for people that like the Saucony Kinvarra, which is more neutral.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Which Hoka shoe is similar to the Brooks Adrenaline GTS? [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Look at the Arahi.

Thanks! do you use these yourself?
Quote Reply
Re: Which Hoka shoe is similar to the Brooks Adrenaline GTS? [pacco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pacco wrote:
Arahi. Did you even try to research this on your own first?

yes I was planning on getting the Gaviota but wanted to see what other folks were using before finalizing my decisions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JTNY wrote:
mbwallis wrote:
Look at the Arahi.

Thanks! do you use these yourself?
Yes, that's been my shoe for the past 18 months or so, first the Arahi 2, then the 3. I like the support and cushioning. Like you, I get knee pain in shoes without support. If I had one beef it would be the variance between pairs. I've got one pair with 600 miles on it, but another pair lasted less than 400.

Previously I had run in Brooks Adrenaline GTS, Ravenna and Pure Cadence.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Hoka shoe is similar to the Brooks Adrenaline GTS? [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the Arahi have a high instep or, is it more suited to flatter feet like the Brooks Beast? I know this is a bit off topic, but given your experience I thought that I would ask.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Hoka shoe is similar to the Brooks Adrenaline GTS? [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never tried a Brooks Beast. I have collapsed arches (flat feet) and it's the arch support of the Arahi that I like, plus the Hoka cushioning. I don't think they have a raised instep.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Hoka shoe is similar to the Brooks Adrenaline GTS? [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take the liners out, they all look the same on the inside. Flat. The Arahi is narrower through the midfoot than the Beast but so are 96.4% of the other applicable models on the market. If you want an arch in your shoe, get an orthotic and not some stupid gel insert from Walmart.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Hoka shoe is similar to the Brooks Adrenaline GTS? [pacco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I want a flat insole, much like the Beast which fits me perfectly. Since I wear 13EE, I will probably stay with the Beast because the Hoka might be too much of a squeeze. But thank both of you for your comments. That is what I needed to know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JTNY wrote:
Been using Adrenaline's since 2008, thinking of switching to a different stability shoe and am looking into the Hoka's , any suggestions on which Hoka is closest to the Adrenaline in terms of providing mid sole stability?

That would be a dramatic departure in drop, which may affect achilles and calf muscles adversely. Adrenaline is an awesome shoe, and since it has worked for you and you want a change, try the Revenna or Mizuno Wave Inspire.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Hoka shoe is similar to the Brooks Adrenaline GTS? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply