Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gels That Aren't Too Thick [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
giorgitd wrote:
Yes, my SIS gel 'deal' box flavors were apple, lemon/lime, orange and tropical (or something similar). I'd be interested to know if there is an SIS gel flavor that is superior to these. I can't recall what I got in the Feed box - one was weird - tutti-frutti or some such? - I think the other was a lemon/lim. But I do see other flavors on the website, so...

I tried SIS gel for the first time last Saturday. I think it was apple flavor. Sorry to say this, but it was yucky. I rather have sweet, thick, small portion and be done with it. I couldn't finish it, so threw it away about half way.
Last edited by: s13tx: Aug 26, 19 18:48
Quote Reply
Re: Gels That Aren't Too Thick [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for SIS gels. They are the only ones I can stomach.
Quote Reply
Re: Gels That Aren't Too Thick [wylie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Teddy King’s Untapped gels are pretty thin.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Gels That Aren't Too Thick [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for gel flask.
Buy pure maple syrup from costco, I put maybe half a teaspoon of pink salt in the flask, a touch of water to dissolve it, then fill with maple syrup.
My current bike, Felt IA, has a crap bento box, so I use velcro tape to hold the flask to my top tube, never an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Gels That Aren't Too Thick [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:

Buy pure maple syrup from costco, I put maybe half a teaspoon of pink salt in the flask, a touch of water to dissolve it, then fill with maple syrup.

Canadians, am I right? ;)

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Gels That Aren't Too Thick [palmtrees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
palmtrees wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

Canadians, am I right? ;)

Well, I'm just one person, so 'Canadian'. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back in the day (early 2000's) I used to use something by Enervit that was a cola flavored liquid, not a gel at all. Each pouch (actually think they called them cheerpacks) had ~200 calories. They were expensive, but awesome for that last little kick at the end of a ride/race. I remember once I ordered 3 six packs of them from some online retailer, maybe performance, and instead of the six packs they shipped me 18 packs for the same price. They were awesome. don't seem to see them around anymore though. Also loved those extran drinks that came in the little green tetrapacks. I forget how many calories each box had in them, but those things kept you going for miles.

USAT Level 1 Coach
Team Next Level
http://goteamnltri.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maple syrup in a gel flask. Tasty. Refreshing. Runny.
Quote Reply
Re: Gels That Aren't Too Thick [ksb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Maple Syrup. I have it almost everyday. I put it in espresso with milk.

I've even spent a few months at a sugar shack in Canada collecting sap. We collected 16,000 gallons one season yielding about 400 gallons of maple syrup. I'm addicted to the stuff. Its great.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Last edited by: plant_based: Aug 27, 19 11:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't see if anyone posted my fave,

EFS shot in the 400 cal flask. It is too thick to start, but you can open and add water to get a better consistency.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: Gels That Aren't Too Thick [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBri00 wrote:
I didn't see if anyone posted my fave,

EFS shot in the 400 cal flask. It is too thick to start, but you can open and add water to get a better consistency.

+1. It doesn't take much water at all to make EFS shot a bit thinner / easier to slug back. Until I get my head wrapped around making my own Ă  la Cody Beals (assuming he still does that) this is my go-to now that PowerGels aren't around any more. Haven't tried adding my own caffeine yet though.

Kiwami NA Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Gels That Aren't Too Thick [shaggyrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I added EFS on page 2 ;)

For caffeine, use First Endurance's own PreRace. A full scoop can be a bit much if you have a sensitive stomach, so adjust the amount accordingly, but it works quite well.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: Gels That Aren't Too Thick [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll test out PreRace, thanks!

Kiwami NA Racing Team
Quote Reply

Prev Next